They just can’t leave people

eggsarascal

Better being a law abiding bellend such as myself, than a drunk self absorbed arse such as yourself.

Rules are there for a reason, dress it up in whatever free spirited morals and cheeky chappy salt of the earth hippy BS you like.

99.9% of the population have zero trouble following the rules, if you're so open minded let him move his hippy commune onto yours.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GarethM said:

Better being a law abiding bellend such as myself, than a drunk self absorbed arse such as yourself.

Rules are there for a reason, dress it up in whatever free spirited morals and cheeky chappy salt of the earth hippy BS you like.

99.9% of the population have zero trouble following the rules, if you're so open minded let him move his hippy commune onto yours.

Where do you get this nonsense from? I’ve never lived in a commune, I’ve always lived out of the way on my own. I’ve just screenshot this to clear it up for you.

DF42EED5-995A-4B29-BDE7-82CC87C722E3.png

• Like 1

Well I'm sure you can strike up a deal for a full time spot on Sealand Island instead.

Still think you'd annoy the neighbors, but atleast the RN have experience dealings with salty seamen and freeloading pirates.

Edited by GarethM

7 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Well I'm sure you can strike up a deal for a full time spot on Sealand Island instead.

Still think you'd annoy the neighbors, but atleast the RN have experience dealings with salty seamen and freeloading pirates.

Again, nonsense. The principality of Sealand never was an island, it was used for a pirate radio station for many years after it was decommissioned. You’ve not a clue.

Although I lack sympathy for your original post Eggs - you must have known you’re not living 100% legit so you can’t really moan about getting moved on, just part of van life. 

I do hope you get sorted though, and fair play for not being main stream 🤟 takes balls to be different. 

I was close to getting a boat on the river cam years ago, still regret not doing it tbh 

• Like 1

Sadly eggs I know more than I ever need to about Seeland and similar WW2 artillery defenses. As they are dotted all around our coastline, at huge expense even whilst radar was under development.

The radio thing was more when they played around with the nautical mile distance from land, they even made a terrible film about radio Caroline.

5 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Sadly eggs I know more than I ever need to about Seeland and similar WW2 artillery defenses. As they are dotted all around our coastline, at huge expense even whilst radar was under development.

The radio thing was more when they played around with the nautical mile distance from land, they even made a terrible film about radio Caroline.

Sadly is appropriate in this instance, you’ve shown how sad your life is by trying to belittle, and spread rumour that simply isn’t true, I’ll bid you farewell. We may meet one day and you’ll see what kind of bloke I am.

Good luck to you eggs - I've a few friends who live on boats. Van life and living on boats does have its appeal but comes with its difficulties. Services, legalities etc . Most seem to manage OK though by living quietly, (unofficially off radar sometimes), moving to new locations, using services at gyms -ie showers, toilets etc. 

For 5-20K you can buy a reasonable boat and live on water . To do it you need

• License from canal and river trust which as example costs about £900 per year for a 30ft boat.
  • Boat safety certificate every 4 years (£150 -300) + plus any work to make safe
  • Boat Insurance (£200)

You then are entitled to use the canal network with two options:

1. Continuous cruising where you cannot stop in 1 place for more than 2 weeks. (included in license fee)

2. Residential mooring (additional cost can be 1k -10k per year depending on boat length and location)

The network in the UK is impressive and its a nice way of life. 

Not everyone, for various reasons, wants to (or can) live in a house . Housing in UK is a mess. When an average house costs more than ten times average salary its getting ridiculous. More and more people will be looking for alternative options.  

• Like 6