They just can’t leave people

eggsarascal

8 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

I'd think you'll be right.

My mates wife inherited the family paddock, just a few acres and a stable block with a lean to for storage. The folk renting it did nothing, place was a mess with fences down, broken gates, the 'grazing' was waist high with thistles and ragwort, the metre wide space between the back of the stables and boundary wall was filled with muck because the muck heap was overflowing. They got their marching orders and my mate and I sorted it out, I got a stable for storage and we made the lean to into a workshop with a compressor for maintenance etc.

Wasn't long before the rumour locally was we'd kicked them out to start an illegal business fixing cars, then the threatening letters from the council started. Fairly obvious the previous tennant was suffering sour grapes, seems you've been caught in a similar scenario.

All I know of Cheshire is Knutsford Services, had a long, long wait there once for the RAC to take the pickup and I home to the Borders, that was a drawn out journey!

Hope you enjoy Cheshire in peace.

Some folk just can’t keep out of other peoples business, like a certain member here, and I mean Member. Without going into to much detail Knutsford is not far up the road from here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Some folk just can’t keep out of other peoples business, like a certain member here, and I mean Member. Without going into to much detail Knutsford is not far up the road from here.

Well the Services during lockdown weren't a very appealing place to be for any length of time, and the dog wasn't particularly impressed. If I happen to find myself stuck there for hours again you may get a PM!

Back to thinly veiled BS are we, hate to break it to you but Cheshire and all the combine authorities are even worse than Staffordshire just as a nice FYI.

Hopefully you'll buy your boat and then we can hear you moaning about the CRT moving you along every 7-14 days.

Atleast I'm living rent free in your thoughts.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Well the Services during lockdown weren't a very appealing place to be for any length of time, and the dog wasn't particularly impressed. If I happen to find myself stuck there for hours again you may get a PM!

You’d be more than welcome.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Back to thinly veiled BS are we, hate to break it to you but Cheshire and all the combine authorities are even worse than Staffordshire just as a nice FYI.

Hopefully you'll buy your boat and then we can hear you moaning about the CRT moving you along every 7-14 days.

Atleast I'm living rent free in your thoughts.

Who mentioned you?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

Well the council did name me on the council tax as did the planning permission.

So two out of two is my score.

Why don’t you take up my offer, I’ll come to you, or better still you come to me and I’ll show you that I pay council tax. Do you honestly think I wouldn’t keep myself on the electoral roll?

Nah, I've met enough knuckle dragging types to last a lifetime. (That veil of I wasn't talking about you, slipped ever so quickly)

We've discussed this already, owning more than one vehicle doesn't entitle you to pay just one road tax as you can only drive one at a time.

1 minute ago, GarethM said:

Nah, I've met enough knuckle dragging types to last a lifetime. (That veil of I wasn't talking about you, slipped ever so quickly)

We've discussed this already, owning more than one vehicle doesn't entitle you to pay just one road tax as you can only drive one at a time.

You are a strange one, of course you can own more than one vehicle and only pay road tax on one, that’s what SORN is about. You’ve tried and failed miserably to try to compare planning with VED.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1