Waterproof chainsaw boots

Guest Gimlet

Looking for recommendations for some new boots. They're for hedgelaying and ground work so don't need a climber's boot but they must be reliably waterproof and long-lasting. 

I was thinking of Arortec Scafell Lite but they seems to have mixed reviews on here.

I have the Haix protector pro 2.0 still keep my feet dry 15 months use most days often In horrible mud and slope they still keep my feet dry, I do try and reproof them every so often as you should and other than a set of laces no issues with them,  they are definitely a good boot in my opinion!

• Like 1

Don’t get the scaffel lites, they are waterproof for about 6 months.

meindl airstreams you can’t tell if your feet are cold or wet! Usually just cold right enough.

So I would put another vote for Haix protector pros, the only downside is the size of them which aren’t ideal for climbing but won’t matter at all for hedgelaying.

I had to go a size down in Haix, anyone else get this problem?

9 in arbortec

9 in meindls

8 in Haix 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Carteeni said:

meindl airstreams you can’t tell if your feet are cold or wet! Usually just cold right enough.

So I would put another vote for Haix protector pros, the only downside is the size of them which aren’t ideal for climbing but won’t matter at all for hedgelaying.

9 in arbortec

9 in meindls

8 in Haix 

I've had two pairs of Meindl walking boots and they both started disintegrating after a year. Actually the first pair started falling apart after about a month. Never again. 

If i was buying a pair of general outdoor boots I'd probably buy Altberg, but they don't make chainsaw boots, which they have to be as I have a training course to do in the spring. 

I can't stand wearing wellies when hedging. They're clumpy and fill up with chips and I always put a thorn through them at some point. And they're sweaty as hell. 

I'm  minded to go for the Haix Protector 2's.

Edited by Gimlet

10 hours ago, Carteeni said:

9 in arbortec

9 in meindls

8 in Haix 

Haix seem to be good for me size wise. Size 9 same as all my other boots.