Firewood will save the West

scotspine1

There's a story developing in the news about this guy Andrew Tate. He's a controversial figure, to say the least, but - quite apart from his character and whether or not he's guilty of what he's been accused of - there's some weirdness around his arrest. He was trolling Greta on Twitter the day before the cops swooped on him. Told her his Lambo emitted loads of CO2 and stuff. The cops also seized his Lambo.

Could be a simple coincidence, hope it is.

They seized 11 cars and 6 properties belonging to him and his brother who are accused, amongst other things, of people trafficking and rape. I reckon trolling Greta will be pretty low on the charge sheet.

Hairy, how about asking the AI bot in the other thread what It's opinion is...

2 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

They seized 11 cars and 6 properties belonging to him and his brother who are accused, amongst other things, of people trafficking and rape. I reckon trolling Greta will be pretty low on the charge sheet.

Hairy, how about asking the AI bot in the other thread what It's opinion is...

Do I detect a bit of a "tone" there, Dougie?

To be clear, if he's found guilty of grooming and trafficking, on solid evidence, I say let him swing. 

But, we are in a weird culture right now. People get accused of all kinds of heinous things. I'm not surprised he's being investigated, it's the timing I find suspicious. It's probably nothing, but... I dunno... If the cops had been casing him for some time, and one would think so, why would they swoop the day after the Twitter spat? I'm thinking maybe someone high up the food chain didn't like what he said to wee Greta. Maybe got a bit cross about it. Maybe pulled a few strings and said to the Chief - " Hey, you got anything on this Tate guy?"... "Oh yeah, we're monitoring him for grooming and stuff"... "Ok, well, maybe stop monitoring and haul him in, like tomorrow."

And you see, the problem here is a proper solid case against the Tates may have been put on a rocky footing by someone jumping the gun. By letting personal animus affect the timeline of the investigation.

And if it turns out he's not guilty, and someone pulled a fast one, then it's also bad. Soviet level bad.

Well, as I stipulated, it's most likely a coincidence... But with the way things are now, one has to wonder.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Do I detect a bit of a "tone" there, Dougie?

To be clear, if he's found guilty of grooming and trafficking, on solid evidence, I say let him swing. 

But, we are in a weird culture right now. People get accused of all kinds of heinous things. I'm not surprised he's being investigated, it's the timing I find suspicious. It's probably nothing, but... I dunno... If the cops had been casing him for some time, and one would think so, why would they swoop the day after the Twitter spat? I'm thinking maybe someone high up the food chain didn't like what he said to wee Greta. Maybe got a bit cross about it. Maybe pulled a few strings and said to the Chief - " Hey, you got anything on this Tate guy?"... "Oh yeah, we're monitoring him for grooming and stuff"... "Ok, well, maybe stop monitoring and haul him in, like tomorrow."

And you see, the problem here is a proper solid case against the Tates may have been put on a rocky footing by someone jumping the gun. By letting personal animus affect the timeline of the investigation.

And if it turns out he's not guilty, and someone pulled a fast one, then it's also bad. Soviet level bad.

Well, as I stipulated, it's most likely a coincidence... But with the way things are now, one has to wonder.

Absolutely no tone intended Hairy, apologies if that's how it appeared. In my defence it was getting late and my mind was on going to bed!

I'm certainly not trying to tell you my opinion is correct, I just can't see that trolling Greta on social media would be of any importance given the serious nature of the charges. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!

Incidentally, I was serious about asking the AI. I tried using it but it was too busy to access at first then wanted me to have an account which I didn't fancy, but be interesting to see what it says on the subject.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

There's a story developing in the news about this guy Andrew Tate. He's a controversial figure, to say the least, but - quite apart from his character and whether or not he's guilty of what he's been accused of - there's some weirdness around his arrest. He was trolling Greta on Twitter the day before the cops swooped on him. Told her his Lambo emitted loads of CO2 and stuff. The cops also seized his Lambo.

Could be a simple coincidence, hope it is.

You're probably barking up the wrong tree with Tate, time will tell, but it's a very valid point otherwise.

The vilification and subsequent 'cancelling' of Professor Cahill as one of the first covid vaccine skeptics but with genuine scientific and academic credentials immediately springs to mind.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

Absolutely no tone intended Hairy, apologies if that's how it appeared. In my defence it was getting late and my mind was on going to bed!

I'm certainly not trying to tell you my opinion is correct, I just can't see that trolling Greta on social media would be of any importance given the serious nature of the charges. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!

Incidentally, I was serious about asking the AI. I tried using it but it was too busy to access at first then wanted me to have an account which I didn't fancy, but be interesting to see what it says on the subject.

All the best.

Ah cheers for that. My paranoia knows no bounds.

Edit: Asked the bot, here's it's reply

It only has access to info in the public sphere, and is programmed to be "conventional" in it's calculations. Draws from "reliable sources" etc.

Screenshot_20230112-113740.thumb.png.fd15ffcaec38e281c8a86235dd678245.png

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 1