Flue Query

2 hours ago, madcourier said:

So I just got log burner installed. Noticed that the flue is nice and vertical viewed from front, but leans back viewed from side.

Am I just letting my ocd rule my head or should I not let this go. Would you guys let this go? Am I being super picky?

A11D2106-6460-4B33-8FD2-0E2491AD1CDE.jpeg

3CA32DD9-C9E9-4139-9764-895FDF32F67B.jpeg

It won’t give you any problems but it’s pretty poor workmanship.

• Like 6

+1 for poor workmanship.. it would bug me for sure, is it into a flue or right through the wall?

After reading @ Dan Maynard's comment below I could well be wrong.. I suppose it looks a bit skew whiff, but I don't suppose it's good to jump to conclusions based on just a couple of photos.... what make of stove is it? 

Edited by Macpherson
  • Like 2

What make of stove is it? There might be some photos online of another installed one.

I reckon that there should be some wiggle room on a stove install so everything fits and doesn't leak, but that angle looks to me to be a bit more than normal. If it all fits together and doesn't leak then probably as it is meant to be.

One thing to think about here if it is meant to be that the chimney angled piece would need to be suitably different from 45 degrees to get it all to fit together - looks like a new install, does the paper work suggest off the shelf angle pieces or did 1 come from the stove manufacturer (as a non standard piece might)

You could also look outside at the other end of the chimney and see if it is similarly angled - guess not.

The make of stove would help narrow down if it is meant to be or not

Also a new photo straight on the edge rather than angled from the corner would give a better impression

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, madcourier said:

It’s a Stovax Studio Air stove. I’m not sure of the brand of flue. Yes the flue goes through the wall at the 45 degree elbow.

I agree the the pipe does look parallel to the taper. Why the taper isn’t square to the stove I’ve no idea. Would this be a difficult fix?

Hi, all these images show the flue square to the wall although none from the side but the shadow shows true vertical image.

None of these have the cone adapter straight onto the twinwall, so you'd have to ask if the adapter is off true to accommodate some problem with the position of the hole in the wall as if you could reposition the flue true to the wall you may be a brick out on the inside and a good bit more on the other side of the wall.

In saying this I'd assuming that the conical adapter is a separate part fixed to the top of the stove, you'll be able to see that from the inside I assume, cheers.