How can I make my 201tc more powerful (without porting it)

Maxd

1 hour ago, Maxd said:

I have heard abt this do you have any directions on how to do this or anything?

YouTube is your friend. I think you're a bit limited if it's a tc, the answer is get a 201tcm. If you must stick with the tc then little to lose.

If you change to tcm obviously it retunes itself after you drill the exhaust. I've recently done mine by opening out the existing hole, I'd have to post pics to explain.

Take a 9mm drill bit and drill anywhere sensible that won’t melt the plastic… I’ve done it on 150’s they are noticeably restricted but they are also plastic crappy clamshell engines , 2511’s it makes them noticeably better but I’ve not done the 201 … but I can’t see why it would not give a slight increase, literally takes 30 seconds and transforms any saw that feels restricted. 
To be honest the only 201 I have is an old model with the upgrade flywheel on and I hated the saw so much even after I did the mod I still can’t bring myself to use it… I could try it and report 😆

3 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Take a 9mm drill bit and drill anywhere sensible that won’t melt the plastic… I’ve done it on 150’s they are noticeably restricted but they are also plastic crappy clamshell engines , 2511’s it makes them noticeably better but I’ve not done the 201 … but I can’t see why it would not give a slight increase, literally takes 30 seconds and transforms any saw that feels restricted. 
To be honest the only 201 I have is an old model with the upgrade flywheel on and I hated the saw so much even after I did the mod I still can’t bring myself to use it… I could try it and report 😆

Go for it..

If the saw doesn't mean that much to you and it won't affect you..

Agree with drilling a hole in muffler, but have you thought of advancing the timing slightly. Just take the flywheel off and either adjust the keyway or key very slightly so the magnet passes the ignition slightly earlier (make sure you do the correct side of the keyway). Alongside the muffler hole this should make a difference for very little work. 

Currently covering my ears waiting to be slapped by spud 😬🤣

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Maxd said:

Go for it..

If the saw doesn't mean that much to you and it won't affect you..

Thing is on the ms200 holes in the exhaust made them loose power , I think a 2 stroke needs a bit of back pressure for optimum power, the 2511 has a cat so is restricted and I guess the ms150 was for emission related reasons.

55 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Thing is on the ms200 holes in the exhaust made them loose power , I think a 2 stroke needs a bit of back pressure for optimum power, the 2511 has a cat so is restricted and I guess the ms150 was for emission related reasons.

Not noticed that myself Matty.  I have 3 ms200t’s.  Some properly ported by Spud and another with a 11mm hole drilled in the muffler.

All three were noticeably more powerful than a stock saw and exhaust.

• Thanks 1