MS 261 (and others)

Trailoftears

I have used L&S for around 8 years now and have found their delivery charges to be pretty reasonable compared to others and better if you are ordering a number of items. You must remember if you getting a few low cost items that it may be best to get in a few other parts, perhaps some 2T oil, spare plugs, chains, a spare bar etc etc....they stock a large variety of items far in excess of just spare parts....I got a large polythene tray once for cleaning my BBQ grill....something like £4....whats not to like! 

Never had an issue with the parts of service and they have always sorted any queries PDQ!

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2022 at 07:53, Stubby said:

You should dress the bar and flip it every , say, 3 sharpens . This will make better use of it .

Used saw with reasonably well used bar and chain I don’t know how much life left in then. Saw was used by a pro before I bought it and I think he had bought it used 

4 hours ago, GarethM said:

I wouldn't run anything other than full chisel to be fair. Providing you get the right sharpening angle they seem to keep an edge longer and lasts a while providing the timber is clean and you don't find any metal.

Ha ha, so sick of finding washing line, nails, stones, bike chain, wire etc in garden trees I would only run semi on my 261.

58 minutes ago, Trailoftears said:

I DO love a tree which has had stock fencing stapled to it 20 odd years ago.And another scary item is the much beloved old tree in a garden that has had dozens of nails hammered into it by now long grown-up children. 😤

you will appreciate a takedown of an old lime outside the local farriers then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bizarrely, just doing a kindness to an old sycamore by nipping off the ivy stems with a little battery chsaw,I-more by luck than judgement,spotted a horses shoe hammered in to 3/4 of its depth-at an angle too.Why?I can only guess as its at the entrance to an ex farmhouse,it must have been some sort of  pagan good luck to all that enter our property thing?-nearly brought me the opposite of good luck 😳