MS 261 (and others)

Trailoftears

And watch out for the bar mount detail - I think the MS250 has 3005 mount type and MS261 has the 3003 type. Or put it another way the bar in this kit will a 'cock in a sock' fit on the MS250 bar studs, you'd need spacer to locate it properly. Please do check this, I'm not 100% sure. 

Just now, bmp01 said:

And watch out for the bar mount detail - I think the MS250 has 3005 mount type and MS261 has the 3003 type. Or put it another way the bar in this kit will a 'cock in a sock' fit on the MS250 bar studs, you'd need spacer to locate it properly. Please do check this, I'm not 100% sure. 

You are correct...different size bar mount, different location of bar/chain oiler as well.

Personally, I wouldn't bother

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pleasant said:

You are correct...different size bar mount, different location of bar/chain oiler as well.

Personally, I wouldn't bother

Decided not too shame as a good deal will just order a new chain and hope bar lasts a little longer it doesn’t get much use 

11 hours ago, HDAV said:

Decided not too shame as a good deal will just order a new chain and hope bar lasts a little longer it doesn’t get much use 

You should dress the bar and flip it every , say, 3 sharpens . This will make better use of it .

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Also fake stuff on eBay, I'd steer clear and use a reputable site or shop local.

Good and bad on fleabay thats for sure.And its nice to use your local dealer,but in my case,given no parts counter/service facilities (stihl),unfortunately,if your relying for a part in a few days to do a specific job.Its faster to hit ebay/L&S engineers.