Anybody tried battery secateurs?

shillo

55 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

These are the ones I used.  I borrowed them from a friend.  They were not cheap but he has a couple of sets so lent them to me after a hand injury.

*hand Injury nothing to do with the secateurs.

FELCO.COM

Be prepared for a defining moment when you first use the FELCO 802 electric pruning shears. We...

I like the look of those, keeping the weight of the battery off the tool.  Not used these but done a few limes or yew trims I could see them being good on.

• Like 1

They come into their own the harder/denser the material.

We do a fair bit of fruit tree pruning and small Sorbus in various Housing blocks.  Plum, Pear and Apple are fairly dense and these go though 1” cuts quite easily.

I don’t care what anyone says, pruning trees like this in the winter over here is enough to fuck even the hardiest of hands.  I’ll take all the help I can get.

I once got frost  bite and nerve damage pruning 15 Silver Birch in about minus 10.  It took about 3 months to stop tingling.

Now after my little mishap last year, I have permanent nerve damage in 3 fingers of my right hand.  The  battery Felcos are great.

• Like 1

Makita one is £800 just for  the bare tool not sure why its so pricey.

Bacho do both  pnematic  and cordless one also.

Big range here:

WWW.AGRIEURO.CO.UK

Prompt Delivery & Best Price on Electric Battery-powered Pruning Shears for amateur and professional use. Compare...

Kebtek looks abit chinese with a chinglish website though a Texas address?

Kebtek is dedicated to provide a perfect gardening solution for garden lover .With Kebtek tool, make your gardening more easier

😏

WWW.KEBTEK.COM

Kebtek is an international trade,design enterprise and factory. We are specialized in Garden outdoor products, such as...

Will there parts be around in 5yrs V something well  known like bacho etc?

Edited by Stere

Already mentioned above but if you are intending to do any amount of pruning with them there is a great deal to be said on getting the ones with a battery on your belt or a backpack. Anything to keep the weight off your hands/wrist. Hand pruning is brutal on those parts of your body over time and reducing that wear and tear can only be good. Besides that you will tire less and so get more work done.

Anyone with carpel tunnel, arthritis or tennis elbow will tell you the extra few hundred quid is worth the money.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Orchard, park, garden and other trees pruning. Fruit trees pruning. 1x electric scissors. Cutting carpets, floor paper, wire and so on. High power motor. This item support 90V-240V...

These are the same as the "cheap" ones I bought. I have done a lot of work with them, no issues whatsoever and are still fully functional. Never ran the battery out even on an 8 hour day, I'd say you could get 2 days out of one charge reasonably easy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2022 at 12:28, Stere said:

Makita one is £800 just for  the bare tool not sure why its so pricey.

Bacho do both  pnematic  and cordless one also.

Big range here:

WWW.AGRIEURO.CO.UK

Prompt Delivery & Best Price on Electric Battery-powered Pruning Shears for amateur and professional use. Compare...

I dont think this company deliver to the uk. it does not list the uk that I can see