Large van weight advice

JLA1990

12 minutes ago, JLA1990 said:

It’s a beauty that’s for sure. Having a look now they do a GVW 5t model which would mean I was legal, if I went that route would I need cat c and a tachometer? 

sounds like uprated axle would defo work but as you say… slightly risky. Just want to keep the set up tidy and kit secure…. Never actually had my machines nicked it’s always the trailers!

If it was my own kit on my own jobs earning money for me I’d be considering running without a tacho in the knowledge that the vehicle wasn’t a hazard as was running within its design parameters. 
Probably different if sending others out knowing they are running bent though….

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Any chance of pictures of the inside?

Nothing exciting inside I’m afraid - will take pics tomorrow if I get a chance but it is still essentially as-delivered (with a smattering of my crap chucked in!). 
I’ve got a ply-lining kit sitting here waiting for me to fit it but want to insulate first, and I’m going to stick a back seat/rock’n’roll bed in on rails so I can jam it right to the front and keep load-space when I don’t need to carry the kids. I want to sit/lie on a few before spending though as they are strong money and it’s my back that will be sleeping on whatever I buy! 

4 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Nothing exciting inside I’m afraid - will take pics tomorrow if I get a chance but it is still essentially as-delivered (with a smattering of my crap chucked in!). 
I’ve got a ply-lining kit sitting here waiting for me to fit it but want to insulate first, and I’m going to stick a back seat/rock’n’roll bed in on rails so I can jam it right to the front and keep load-space when I don’t need to carry the kids. I want to sit/lie on a few before spending though as they are strong money and it’s my back that will be sleeping on whatever I buy! 

Get yourself a decent fishing bedchair - lovely to sleep on (trakker wide boy are my fave) and folds up nice!

thanks for the responses btw 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JLA1990 said:

Apologies should of stipulated - machine will weigh in 1.5t (will need to include a few maintenance tools, spare hydro oil etc), Width wise 1.2m.

Nice MAN TGE!

My old 5.2t Iveco Daily would carry that no bother.  Had about 2.5t payload.

Needs a C1 licence but they might be putting them in the cornflakes soon.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, JLA1990 said:

It’s a beauty that’s for sure. Having a look now they do a GVW 5t model which would mean I was legal, if I went that route would I need cat c and a tachometer? 

sounds like uprated axle would defo work but as you say… slightly risky. Just want to keep the set up tidy and kit secure…. Never actually had my machines nicked it’s always the trailers!

You would need C1 & depending on use tacho & O licence.

If you can keep under 100km radius & its tools & equipment for your use then no tacho. 

3 hours ago, Justme said:

You would need C1 & depending on use tacho & O licence.

If you can keep under 100km radius & its tools & equipment for your use then no tacho. 

Cheers, majority of the time would be over 100km - It would be me driving but I think I’ll have to go the full legal route as a lot of motorway driving (as tempting as it is) - this isn’t a problem just never had to before. C1 banished would be a help!