Have you had your first fire yet?

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

Unfortunately we dont have a fireplace in our new house. Heating still hasn't been turned on though. But of a double whammy of savings actually, because at this rate the house is getting so cold we can probably turn the fridge off too.

I was happy until you pointed that out !! and  have now realised that my fridge will be working harder costing a fortune !!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

A fridge is very energy efficient in the winter; it's cools the inside by warming the room. 

And if it's anything like my FF ... all the bangs, clicks, cracks and buzzes saves you putting the radio on too. Possibly how German techno was invented ?

6 hours ago, Retired Climber said:

A fridge is very energy efficient in the winter; it's cools the inside by warming the room. 

.. mostly so long as the central heating isn't pumping the room full of 25 degree heat of course..... a cooler kitchen and this is very true of course

(not gong there but this is the argument against LED light bulbs - in the winter when we need light all day, we also want heat all day.... which is the 'waste' product of a traditional bulb - all depends how you look at stuff)

Anyway, are there any log powered fridges out there?

Edited by Steven P

On 23/10/2022 at 22:35, Mesterh said:

I dread the day my parents light their fire. It's 200 degrees no matter which room you are in!

Thank fook I only have to visit once a week to pick the kids up.

40 years of minimal heating with plain windows and no insulation has taken is toll me thinks.

We went to my parents house for a bonfire night party and they hadn't even lit the fire! Unfookinbelievable! I knew something was a muck because as I drove up to their house the neighbours weren't out in the front garden garden sunbathing and spraying the lawn down.