What do you do with your arisings?

kiwi1999

We're generally very rural so a lot of the time everything stays on site, logs for use client's use or habitat piled, branches either habitat piled or chipped, either for use as mulch or broadcast on site.

If we do remove from site logs generally either goes for sale as lengths for biomass, get processed for firewood or milled for our own use or signs, benches etc.  If chip needs removed it mostly goes to one of the neighbours farms for mixing in with the dung heap, bedding or whatever they see fit.  We don't have a lot of arisings due to the nature of our business being more forestry than arb so it's easier to give away a wee bit of chip than to try and sell.  If we did more arb and had more to get rid of it might be a different story.

Chip to a local sawmill who sells it along with bark and sawdust to someone for something (never really been sure what)

Rubbish wood goes onto an enormous pile out in my field, where it’ll sit till it rots long after I’m dead.

Good wood and mill-able sticks gets collected from site by a bloke with a timber lorry who never gives me as much as a bottle of wine for it.

8 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Chip to a local sawmill who sells it along with bark and sawdust to someone for something (never really been sure what)

Rubbish wood goes onto an enormous pile out in my field, where it’ll sit till it rots long after I’m dead.

Good wood and mill-able sticks gets collected from site by a bloke with a timber lorry who never gives me as much as a bottle of wine for it.

I've got one of those rubbish log piles.  It's sole purpose I've realised is for my Dad and I to periodically look at it and discuss all sorts of hair brained schemes for its future.  It's been 8 years now.  There is a bloke called Del who turns up occasionally to load the ropiest mk3 transit you've ever seen, pretty much gets stuck every time, gives me 40 squids and talks at me for 1hour min, so that's nice.  

2 x Jenkinsons lorries per year and small chip sales throughout do the chip.

Anything 1.5m or longer stored until 15ton ish then sold to chip guy for £50pt delivered to his yard. 

Edited by Domino