Ramps from trailer to 3.5 ton tipper

Stephen Blair

My plans are to put TW 23o0 in the back of the Iveco and Avant to Mini digger on the trailer, to save taking trailer on and off I thought just using ramps from trailer to pick up.  First thoughts is damage to trailer floor when pressure is on but that could be resolved with a piece of scaffold board or I have low ground pressure mats I could cut to suit.  Thoughts, tips, experiences and pictures if possible.  Thanks 

• Like 1

We haven't done it from trailer to pickup, but regularly do similar from trailer to a higher working level.  The key factor is obviously making sure the ramps are fixed in place at one end, but able to move at the other to allow for suspension movement etc.  I've always put an offcut of the 18mm phenolic ply across the trailer under the ramps to try and spread the load

• Like 1

I attempted this with council beavertails and a especially purchased  BJ trailer sans front crib.

Seemed like a practical proposition to me.

Like if we were OK driving up the beavertails tipper from the ground, surely it should be at least as safe driving up a less steep tailramp from the bed of the trailer behind.

NOPE!

FFS!

But whadda ya know, I saw a very similar yoke somewhere recent being used with zero issues.

Good luck,

Marcus

I hope its got a decent steel body and decent tailgate? 

I used to load a jensen a530t 1250kg into the back of a transit tipper with some ifor ramps hung on the tailgate no issues. That's from ground level so way steeper, might have tipped the bed up a little to help. 

Newer style bodies with the craopy alloy drop down tailboards with miniscule hinges.... no no !

I had to unload 50k of Multione loader from the back of an articulated lorry onto an Ifor Williams trailer then off that onto terra firma.

So I was driving it into space (well 5ft off the ground) 

Did not like,.

The issue of course is ensuring the ramps didn’t move when I edged the machine onto them, once firmly on them it was ok. 

• Like 1

No different to this apart from you will have fresh air underneath. You TW230 is it a tracked one.Car Trailer Ramps: Auto Haulers Must-Have Car Hauling Ramps - Mytee Products

Are just going to use trailer ramps or make some to fit. Have borrowed logs up ramp on to trailer then carried on up the other ramp to back of truck. 

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1