My parents are victims of cowboy tree surgeons who are now blaming my mother.

rbx1453

I'll have to watch that clarkson show now it sounds interesting and I don't even like farmers. I remember me and my mates weeding by hand on a farm during the school summer holidays for a few extra dollars, the farmer was a right miserable cnt and tried to get out of paying on the last week. 

Sadly I heard years later that he stuck a shotgun in his mouth.  

On 05/09/2022 at 08:57, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

…a complete amateur millionaire throwing huge amounts of money (his own and grant funded) at hugely expensive machinery that he had no idea how to operate, making a complete tit of himself and bolloxing around in expensive wellies…

Actually, I think that is a pretty succinct description of the thousands of ‘new landowners’ who have moved to the country over the last 30 years.

You can’t tell me that Cornwall hasn’t had it’s share.

13 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I'll have to watch that clarkson show now it sounds interesting and I don't even like farmers. I remember me and my mates weeding by hand on a farm during the school summer holidays for a few extra dollars, the farmer was a right miserable cnt and tried to get out of paying on the last week. 

I wouldn’t book out too much social diary time for it. If yome already aggrieved with elements of that particular industry sector, watching Clarkson talk shite and act the fool isn’t going to do much to improve your view 

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

Actually, I think that is a pretty succinct description of the thousands of ‘new landowners’ who have moved to the country over the last 30 years.

You can’t tell me that Cornwall hasn’t had it’s share.

The entire SW is swamped with blow-ins and DFLs setting up ridiculously overpriced pretentious and implausible ‘business’ start ups ranging from yoghurt toothpaste to elderflower and dung beetle gin. It’s like a scene from Harry Enfield “I saw you coming.”

Hilarious to watch but with serious socio-economic impacts upon the communities that are being decimated by up country cash. 

Dont bovver me, there’s loads of cash splashing around and I’m as happy as the next man to dip my beak in the fountain. Bit different if you’re a young un looking to buy a house though. 

Interest rates at 5+% and climbing next year will put paid to that anyway. 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I wouldn’t book out too much social diary time for it. If yome already aggrieved with elements of that particular industry sector, watching Clarkson talk shite and act the fool isn’t going to do much to improve your view 

Except that's not what he does.

As you would know if you'd actually watched the feckin' thing.

And yes, I did read your post before responding to it because despite what I said, to do otherwise would be STUPID!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Farming is something which can bring great joy, but equally take you to the depths of despair.

It's very easy to regard your own place as being the centre of the universe, absolute bliss when all is going well, but then when things go wrong (as they will sometimes no matter what you do) it can just as easily consume you with hopelessness.

He's not the first for whom the latter ultimately wiped out the former with tragic consequences, and he certainly won't be the last either sadly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It's got to be better than the endless series of garbage my Mrs watches on Netflix!