Long shot

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I’ve got an LDV Maxus with a weird problem, when using the offside indicator it doesn’t cancel out when the steering wheel is straightened up, it turns on the near side indicator. Google isn’t any help, any ideas?

Sounds like an issue with the Indicator Stalk. I’d see about replacing it and see if that helps. Or see if there is any obvious damage around the column. 

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Sounds like an issue with the Indicator Stalk. I’d see about replacing it and see if that helps. Or see if there is any obvious damage around the column. 

I’ve swapped out the stalk, I’m guessing it’s electrical, as Toyah said, it’s a mystery.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

as Toyah said, it’s a mystery.

An old boss of mine back in the 80s was called Mr Egland. Whenever anyone answered the phone and the caller wanted "Mr E", we'd have to say "It's for Mr E, It's for Mr E!" to Toyah's tune...🤣

• Like 1

Some setups have a little pop up tab that gets depressed when the steering wheel comes back round off lock to cancel the signal, they can be a separate lump from the stalks themselves, but attached to them if you know what i mean. The tabs can break or the contacts that they sit in can go weak and so the tab doesn’t make contact with the steering wheel to activate the cancel. Drop you column covers off and get ya torch out to see if you have this setup. 

6 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Some setups have a little pop up tab that gets depressed when the steering wheel comes back round off lock to cancel the signal, they can be a separate lump from the stalks themselves, but attached to them if you know what i mean. The tabs can break or the contacts that they sit in can go weak and so the tab doesn’t make contact with the steering wheel to activate the cancel. Drop you column covers off and get ya torch out to see if you have this setup. 

Its probably the only bit of a maxus that can trace its history right back to the Freight Rovers.

• Haha 1