Who's going to the APF 2022

gand

Wots the best day for traffic?

Not so much the traffic into/out of the APF but just traffic in general down there and up the M6?

Been a few years since i was there, mibbee just last before covid or the 1 before, and not that i travel very far or often 'proper down south' usually if i do i try to drive throu the night if i can to avoid traffic.

Last time was great going down but an absolute nightmare coming back up, and i left sort of mid afternoon to miss the show traffic.

I think it would of been the thurs  to try and avoid fri/wknd traffic

Living where i live in scotland fairly lucky we don't get a lot of traffic so it just does my nut in

When I typed in Cairnryan to Alcester, Google choose to route us across and down the M1, presumably to avoid the nightmare that Birmingham is, or was, some 30 year ago, and I can only imagine the traffic has got worse.

P.S.

The fornicating ferry is quoting £350.00 and that was for the cheapest tickets! FFS!

Edited by difflock

39 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

Wots the best day for traffic?

Not so much the traffic into/out of the APF but just traffic in general down there and up the M6?

Been a few years since i was there, mibbee just last before covid or the 1 before, and not that i travel very far or often 'proper down south' usually if i do i try to drive throu the night if i can to avoid traffic.

Last time was great going down but an absolute nightmare coming back up, and i left sort of mid afternoon to miss the show traffic.

I think it would of been the thurs  to try and avoid fri/wknd traffic

Living where i live in scotland fairly lucky we don't get a lot of traffic so it just does my nut in

It’s the queue getting into the show itself that’s normally a nightmare 

There is a bus load of us heading down from Cheshire (so we can have a few beers) on Friday. It’s even got a toilet apparently, which will be a lot better than the previous crossed-legs journeys home!
I was contemplating driving down in a van and sleeping over to do Friday/Saturday but I remember the bus last time going in a different entrance and avoiding the massive queue into the show, which was good, so I’m not sure I can be bothered driving!

9 minutes ago, difflock said:

Is it possible to "sleep over" in the car park, or does one need to leave the site before finding somewhere to kip down?

Beings as they have a camping area (albeit fully booked) I’d imagine you’d get turfed out of the car park by the security guards. Don’t really know though 

• Thanks 1