New Harness for old Willans user.

Mesterh

Looks like its time to hang up the good old willans (T22) , Well it has served me for over 12 years :proud:

The problem is do i get a new T22 or go for something totally different? I was looking at something like the treemagic,treemotion or treeflex but the last time i tried a harness without a seat I sounded like Aled Jones for half an hour

So I'm hoping that some of you fellas who have been long term users of sit belts can give me some advice on whether i should stick with what i know or try something new.

If I had the time i would go and try some out b4 buying but you know how it is never a spare 5 mins when your self employed.

All my climbing is done using the prussik and life line system ie i dont use flip lines, so i spend alot of time suspended and this is where i had the pinching problem when not using a sit belt.

Anyhow any advice would be very much appreciated.

Btw I've also posted this on another forum but since this is a UK one I hoped it would be more relevant here :proud:, I dont want to annoy any1 thats why I'm adding this bit in.

Cheers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome, I was in the same postion as yourself a couple of years ago when i made the transtion to the latest techniques. I jumped in at the deep end with a treemagic but i would suggest you try the Komet harness with a seat. It is a compromise between what your used to and has a sliding bridge which means you can twist around without stressing your back.

My brother has an original skybelt (Svensk Tradvard) is the cresto the same but with the added sliding D ?

If so I might try and talk him into buying one then try it out :laugh:

yes svensk Tradvark now cresto skybelt but now with sliding d,s i prefere hard arse

cresto is different to the comet skybelt

If you're used to a sit type then go for another I've allways used a butterfly type and find the sit harnesses arkward but If you've had one for years and liked it then go for the Komet dragonfly or similar. If you want to use a Butterfly type then you've got to remember to adjust your tackle before you tighten the straps or its Aled Jones time.