Which tracked MEWP to choose

maybelateron

13 hours ago, AHPP said:

Depressing post. I hired a lovely little (fairly old) Hinowa 1470 yesterday. Manual levelling, analogue everything. No quicker to move and setup than a newer machine but I had no strandings, sensor strops or frustrating alarm/no-go moves all day. It just worked. Compared to the last machine I had, a (fairly new) 25m ish CMC. Piece of shit. Had a guy in who works with the brand all the time. Stumped him consistently. Stuck in the air pressing buttons and wearing out the starter motor for twenty minutes at a time etc. He put the cage down on a little coppice stool - twenty minutes gone while we saw it out from underneath to appease a sensor. This is the future; barely-usable, stifling safety bollocks.

Hugely disappointed to hear Hinowa are going downhill. They've been my favourite for years. Easy decision making when choosing what to hire.

Been there. Its a depressing reality.

It was a 1470 I had. Great machine, I just wore it out. It already had 4500 hrs on the clock when I got it. The clock stopped working reading 7900ish. it's still going. Bought by a painter, I wanted rid while it still had some value. 

It wasn't all plain sailing over the years and hinowa were worse than useless when it came to parts and knowledge. They just wanted to sell me a new one. 

All that said, I regret selling it, you could drive it without being beeped at and stick the basket up on top of a hedge without tripping the load sensor. 

The new ones are slower, less user friendly, more complicated, less reliable and Far more expensive. 

If there was a clean 1470 available I'd go again. Compared to what's out now they're a simple, reliable machine. 

Wouldn't touch the likes of older isoli, teupen, cte or anything that's all electric in the basket. 

Oil and steel, platform basket and hinowa for older, hydraulically controlled machines imo.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AHPP said:

@doobin Honeymoon report for the Oil and Steel?

Dealer are fantastically helpful. It’s been ok- I’d definitely agree with you in that there’s not much to go wrong!

Should have bought the 14m version but this was available, low hours and cheap ish. 

hopefully won’t loose much from the 8.5k I paid. The nigh on 1k a year to keep it in loler is a sting though. 

IMG_5191.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, doobin said:

Dealer are fantastically helpful. It’s been ok- I’d definitely agree with you in that there’s not much to go wrong!

Should have bought the 14m version but this was available, low hours and cheap ish. 

hopefully won’t loose much from the 8.5k I paid. The nigh on 1k a year to keep it in loler is a sting though. 

IMG_5191.jpeg

Which other brands have you used over the years?

On 04/04/2024 at 19:47, monkeybusiness said:

Wiring and control panels were the issues I had. All the dealer wanted to do was sell me new panels (over £1500 a pop, and there were 2 of them) to ‘try’. And also joysticks at near enough £1k each, but they couldn’t tell which was faulty so needed to sell me 2. And no returning parts supplied for incorrect diagnosis. And always money up front. Absolute scam, the machines are way too complicated, they need to only live inside out of the rain and never be used….

How old/hours your machines?

On 28/07/2022 at 23:25, General Confusion said:

I use a CTE 170 traccess tracked spider lift. She is old , 2008 with nearly 7000 hours on her but there aren't many places she wont go. Spec are 17m working height , 7.5m max outreach . 200kgs in cage throughout working envelope. Weighs 2 tons but fits through an 80cm gap with the cage removed

cherry narrow 1.jpg

Cherry picker bridge.jpg

Hello, how do you find such a venerable machine for reliability?

Ease or fault finding and repairs?

Stuart