Which tracked MEWP to choose

maybelateron

I started this thread in June last year. In August I committed to purchasing a new CMC18F spider left, and took delivery in February this year. So far I am delighted with it. Honda petrol engine is quiet, and we often use it on 230V mains as we are largely domestic, so power usually available. It gives 11m outreach for 80kg, and 230kg up to 8.7 metres.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On 16/06/2023 at 12:45, maybelateron said:

I started this thread in June last year. In August I committed to purchasing a new CMC18F spider left, and took delivery in February this year. So far I am delighted with it. Honda petrol engine is quiet, and we often use it on 230V mains as we are largely domestic, so power usually available. It gives 11m outreach for 80kg, and 230kg up to 8.7 metres.

May I ask a prying question?

What price are these?

Thanks

Stuart

On 16/06/2023 at 12:45, maybelateron said:

So far I am delighted with it. Honda petrol engine is quiet, and we often use it on 230V mains as we are largely domestic, so power usually available. 

At last, a great opportunity for saying yes to the clients offer of an electric socket!

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Bought an Multitel SMX 250.2 in 2021. Best business decision I’ve made. We carry work on a lot of school sites so always multiple trees to work on with good access. We crack out work combining MEWP/climbing on average 50% faster than before. Reduction work is higher quality too. If I can get the MEWP to the tree we will always use it. It won’t replace climbing totally, but combined with an Avant/loader it’s extremely efficient. The restriction with the Multitel is that it can’t go ‘low’ very easily (for hedges etc). I’d be interested in having a demo with the CELA DT25- looks like an excellent machine too. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Timbo said:

Bought an Multitel SMX 250.2 in 2021. Best business decision I’ve made. We carry work on a lot of school sites so always multiple trees to work on with good access. We crack out work combining MEWP/climbing on average 50% faster than before. Reduction work is higher quality too. If I can get the MEWP to the tree we will always use it. It won’t replace climbing totally, but combined with an Avant/loader it’s extremely efficient. The restriction with the Multitel is that it can’t go ‘low’ very easily (for hedges etc). I’d be interested in having a demo with the CELA DT25- looks like an excellent machine too. 

What weight at 10m outreach? 230kg?

On 16/08/2023 at 21:59, Ty Korrigan said:

May I ask a prying question?

What price are these?

Thanks

Stuart

£40,500 + VAT. This was the price when I ordered it. I believe the new price was another £6000 + VAT by the time I got mine. Sorry I didn't reply, never saw the posting.

Charles

• Like 1

On 12/06/2022 at 19:30, maybelateron said:

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I don't recall it.

I have for many years used my old 1996 Aerial K16T, trailer mounted MEWP which is well maintained, no modern electronics to speak of. I have been very happy with it, but I am considering replacing it now, but it has to be better. It must be tracked, so I have better access to awkward sites. It must have a working height of 16m or more, and outreach must be 6.5m or more. It must be light enough that I can tow it on a trailer with my 3.5 ton towing capacity. Some of the machines within this spec will just fit onto my Ifor GX126 plant trailer, but if I need to invest in a longer trailer so be it. I have found the fly jib invaluable for dropping down into a crown, so it must have a fly jib. I guess straight sticks are ok for dismantled, but no so good for some pruning jobs. I am happy to invest in a new one, or a goos condition used one. Not sure about lithium ion ones, have used a hired one once. Prefer dual power, so early morning in residential area can be quite, then start the engine a bit later. There is an Oil and Steel 1765 on ebay at present - any experience of that make to pass on?

I know for sure that trailer aerial platform from Dino lift are really good stuff. There are some interesting trailer MEWP manufactured by AlmaCrawler. They both have versatile lift with often an electric engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Teupen Leo 18 GT Plus

What do people know about this machine and it's price new?

This one has 1400hrs total with 900hrs on the engine.

It's located near Hamburg, about 12hrs drive from here even on Wermacht issue Pervitin.

IMG-20240404-WA0001.jpg

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Teupen Leo 18 GT Plus

What do people know about this machine and it's price new?

This one has 1400hrs total with 900hrs on the engine.

It's located near Hamburg, about 12hrs drive from here even on Wermacht issue Pervitin.

IMG-20240404-WA0001.jpg

I bought a pair of second hand Teupens - they nearly broke me. The UK service agent was beyond dreadful. The machines were fantastic when they worked, but seemingly impossible to fix when they didn’t (which was most of the time unfortunately). 
I would never entertain one out of warranty again. 

• Like 3