How are you finding things now ?

roboted

I live in Heathfield, East Sussex. A small market town with a population of about 8000, many of whom are over 60.

I go for a walk, most days, around the High Street and it looks as if things are pretty much back to normal.

Some shops and opticians still have counter shields and staff wearing masks but these are in the minority.

The cafes are full  and there is plenty of footfall in and around the High Street.

Most shops/business's are now back to normal trading though the independent bakery down the way has gone to the wall, which is sad but they were struggling well before covid. It will be re-opening as an inhouse bakery but part of a small chain. Opening is delayed due to the disrepair of  the bakery area and equipment.

Mask wearing is minimal and it seems that it is confined solely to the elderly and infirm who don a mask when they leave there abode and it stays on !

People generally are much more polite and space is being given, especially when entering or leaving premises. 

Normality here seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

I did wonder how Arbtalkers are finding things in other parts of the country ?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Big J said:

Some businesses here still insist on masks. The vets and the hairdressers, as examples. Still see people every day walking along the Highstreet with masks on. I feel sorry for them.

Lots of folks are fighting battles you are unaware of J

So attack them while they’re distracted!

• Haha 1

An elderly client dropped by to my house yesterday to pay me and chat, as she often does. She got out of her car, mask in hand but didn't put it on. Clutched that mask for twenty minutes, like a magical talisman! Nowt so quare as folk....

Edited by Haironyourchest
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Big J said:

Some businesses here still insist on masks. The vets and the hairdressers, as examples. Still see people every day walking along the Highstreet with masks on. I feel sorry for them.

Wearing a properly fitted n95 mask apparently gives you a decent level of protection.  So if vunerable why wouldn't you wear a mask when the alternative is likely death.  My mil has an auto immune disease and even though she is on her 5th jab they are not convinced it will give her any protection. She and the fil wear n95 masks and why wouldn't you?

• Like 1

Generally I would say back to normal. Saw some people wearing masks and carefully wiping trolley handles at Tesco today, they looked out of place amongst the other shoppers but nobody made a fuss they were left to do as they saw fit.

I guess that's the ideal really, as above you don't know people's situation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Wearing a properly fitted n95 mask apparently gives you a decent level of protection.  So if vunerable why wouldn't you wear a mask when the alternative is likely death.  My mil has an auto immune disease and even though she is on her 5th jab they are not convinced it will give her any protection. She and the fil wear n95 masks and why wouldn't you?

Please, with respect, it's not a mask yay or nay topic That's been done to death.

I would refer you to my original post. 

As I said respectfully.

Edited by roboted