How are you finding things now ?

roboted

42 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Wearing a properly fitted n95 mask apparently gives you a decent level of protection.  So if vunerable why wouldn't you wear a mask when the alternative is likely death.  My mil has an auto immune disease and even though she is on her 5th jab they are not convinced it will give her any protection. She and the fil wear n95 masks and why wouldn't you?

The chances of contracting anything whilst walking along the street are slim to none. More likely to get run over, I'd say.

I empathise with your MIL's situation, but I could not live the rest of my life from behind a mask. 

• Like 1

Things have been back to normal for quite some time from what I have seen. Thank fook.

The fact that people do seem to give a bit more space when out in public is no bad thing imo. Far better than folks breathing down your neck when queuing in asda, sorry I meant waitrose.

All that goes out the window, on my part, when grabbing a beer from the bar down the local like.

• Thanks 1

Pretty much all seems to be forgotten about here. There are a few people wearing masks but the vaccination centre signs are stacked on the roadside now and only seen one "thank the NHS" poster for a long time, in general I think it's business as usual.

• Thanks 1

mostly all masks gone here expect for healthcare settings it seems, docs surgery, dentist etc   which i guess is pretty limited and i do wonder in flu season how much was transmitted in a waiting room so perhaps not worst thing

smaller places like blacksmith and such havent done masks pretty much from day 1 - do remember i stopped in at blacksmith 2 -3 months into 2020 and was wondering what deal would be,     whole lot of them around me for a chat as most folks were hiding and boy they like a yap on a good day.    not a worry at all which was rather pleasant.

work hasnt done masks for 99% of it at all in offices etc just resteraunt and shop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I live in Heathfield, East Sussex. A small market town with a population of about 8000, many of whom are over 60.
I go for a walk, most days, around the High Street and it looks as if things are pretty much back to normal.
Some shops and opticians still have counter shields and staff wearing masks but these are in the minority.
The cafes are full  and there is plenty of footfall in and around the High Street.
Most shops/business's are now back to normal trading though the independent bakery down the way has gone to the wall, which is sad but they were struggling well before covid. It will be re-opening as an inhouse bakery but part of a small chain. Opening is delayed due to the disrepair of  the bakery area and equipment.
Mask wearing is minimal and it seems that it is confined solely to the elderly and infirm who don a mask when they leave there abode and it stays on !
People generally are much more polite and space is being given, especially when entering or leaving premises. 
Normality here seems to be the rule rather than the exception.
  I did wonder how Arbtalkers are finding things in other parts of the country ?
Same from what I've seen here in the Midlands really, normality prevails. Just come back from holiday in North West Wales, similar situation there.
Regards independent shops; I think the last two years has been either kill or cure for them. Some have folded completely but lots of others have come back much stronger, (maybe because they were able to adapt more quickly than bigger companies).

I have observed that the French are no longer focused on handwashing and have returned to their former insalubrious ways.

We have had our first bouts of 'norovirus' since before Covid.

My son likely brought it home from the afterschool centre then a few days later it hit me hard. So hard that the strain of chundering strained my chest muscles.

I went back to work after 3 days but on easier jobs that I still struggled on. It took me over a week to regain my form.

I have sworn never again to shake hands in this country.

Stuart