Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

10 minutes ago, GarethM said:

You can't mitigate or even protect from a hypersonic missile, low collateral damage is a bonus. It's like armour piercing on a tank, it'll get through whatever is in its way.

I'm neither to be honest, in most conflicts there is no winner. All your really doing is feeding the big business of the arms industry.

With the reality being, how are you going to both save face and Boris slapped that down on who's orders we don't know.

OTAN is useless and you can't have a Cyprus style DMZ, so make it the Crimean river as the world can't keep paying billions for a proxy war.

What other alternative is there, well you could say back to the old border, but then it's a land border with what a Korea style mined DMZ ?.

I understand your thinking on it . The Russian un defeatable hypersonic  missile is not as good as it has been proclaimed . They have been shot down already . I don't know what the answer is either but I see Russia invade Ukraine and take them to be the aggressor and I think Putin is a cnut . Sooo I want Ukraine to push Russia out of Ukraine and out of the previously annexed Crimea and other areas . The chance of that happening are slim to none I know but , never say never !  Before Russia went into Ukraine there was no ( physical ) war .

From what I've gleaned over the years it was mostly a Cuba style missiles on our doorstep that pushed things over the edge.

Not the greatest argument when you can fire a missile on any point on the planet but you can understand the mindset, a man with a missile Vs a man blowing you a raspberry with a rifle.

Both are IMO utter cnuts, I have no objections about standard munitions, but in WW2 it was lend lease on everything including the ships.

Or as my mother pointed out the scruffy oik didn't even wear a shirt for the WW2 commemorates.

19 minutes ago, GarethM said:

From what I've gleaned over the years it was mostly a Cuba style missiles on our doorstep that pushed things over the edge.

Not the greatest argument when you can fire a missile on any point on the planet but you can understand the mindset, a man with a missile Vs a man blowing you a raspberry with a rifle.

Both are IMO utter cnuts, I have no objections about standard munitions, but in WW2 it was lend lease on everything including the ships.

Or as my mother pointed out the scruffy oik didn't even wear a shirt for the WW2 commemorates.

Thing is if Putin keeps on keeping on he is going to run out of Russian males . Already over 600K dead or wounded . Thy are deserting in droves as well , lots taken prisoner .

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

Thing is if Putin keeps on keeping on he is going to run out of Russian males . Already over 600K dead or wounded . Thy are deserting in droves as well , lots taken prisoner .

Nah, it's a huge country I'm sure getting paid in USA dollar or Euros they'll fight.

Might even be a tactic to let them get captured, makes the enemy use more logistics & resources which are what win or lose a war.

It's the modern equivalent of wounding not killing the enemy, it ties up more resources.

Something like 5 to one vs 1 dead and a unit of still fighting enemies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Nah, it's a huge country I'm sure getting paid in USA dollar or Euros they'll fight.

Might even be a tactic to let them get captured, makes the enemy use more logistics & resources which are what win or lose a war.

It's the modern equivalent of wounding not killing the enemy, it ties up more resources.

Something like 5 to one vs 1 dead and a unit of still fighting enemies.

Who is they that will fight ?  Pretty soon at this rate of attrition the Russian personnel will begin to equal that of the Ukraine numbers fighting . Then I would put money on the Ukrainian soldiers over the Russian . The Ukrainians are good at innovating . If they weren't it would be all over already .    Also you say Russia is a huge country , it is for sure so why does Putin want even more land ?

11 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Who is they that will fight ?  Pretty soon at this rate of attrition the Russian personnel will begin to equal that of the Ukraine numbers fighting . Then I would put money on the Ukrainian soldiers over the Russian . The Ukrainians are good at innovating . If they weren't it would be all over already .    Also you say Russia is a huge country , it is for sure so why does Putin want even more land ?

Why does anybody or animal want more territory.

Food & Resources usually.

Unless it's political uprising as historically you could say it was a soviet satellite state as Crimea was Russian speaking etc.

I put it down to access to the Black sea - he has Crimea and if he can control the land both sides of that inlet behind the Crimea his black sea fleet has a pretty well defended safer port - as it is the Ukraine has half the coastline which could be a threat. Turkey has been friendly to Russia which allows the fleet to get out of the Black Sea.

All about power rather than food or resources I reckon, though there is some oil down that way too he might be interested in eventually

15 minutes ago, Steven P said:

... his black sea fleet ...

His what?

Edit: ah, no, that's not fair, is it. He's still got loads of them left.

image.thumb.png.f34784f5612257410571f33409024524.png

Still... what a pillock!

Edited by peds
  • Like 1