ART positioner

Hilux

Art positioner is hands down the best option for a secondary lanyard in my opinion. A vt or other advanced hitch works well but you have zero sitback with the art positioner. It’s like an Apple, it just works 

It a close call next to a rope wrench if it's my favourite bit of climbing gear in to which I could not live with, just makes life easy and I would always replace one tomorrow if it got lost.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Odd, I used a positioner for years, often on a single leg and never had any bother with cam springs. Have you done this repeatedly? 

Seems strange. I've not had mine long. Looked at the workings of it  yesterday, with regard to this issue, and I can't see why the cam spring would experience more pressure on a single leg. Looks like the cam spring is only there to give a tiny bit of positive pressure, to initiate the friction for the grab. It has very little travel. Can't get my head around it.

20 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Art positioner is hands down the best option for a secondary lanyard in my opinion. A vt or other advanced hitch works well but you have zero sitback with the art positioner. It’s like an Apple, it just works 

I loved my positioner, but I would usually get less than 6 months out of one before it was slipping horrendously and I'd have to replace the clutch. Not a deal breaker for sure but annoying. I've not spoken to anyone else that's had the same problem though.

I moved on to a pinto/vt setup. Don't really notice the sitback and having the option to turn it into a secondary climbing system is super useful.

My lanyard is 7m long with the last 4m living in a hip bag 

• Like 1

I loved my positioner, but I would usually get less than 6 months out of one before it was slipping horrendously and I'd have to replace the clutch. Not a deal breaker for sure but annoying. I've not spoken to anyone else that's had the same problem though.

I moved on to a pinto/vt setup. Don't really notice the sitback and having the option to turn it into a secondary climbing system is super useful.

My lanyard is 7m long with the last 4m living in a hip bag 

Same.
I don’t climb everyday so got longer out of the clutch but got through a couple. Nice device though. No real grumbles about mine.

Changed over to a Zillon but ran my own lanyard through it. Also a good bit of kit but can be easy to catch it and release some rope through just as you are getting into a work position. Quite happy with it though