high security lockups

jose

4 minutes ago, Vedhoggar said:

Note Cleveland Containers and Cleveland Site Safe are different companies supplying a different product. 

Makes you wonder what's going on in Cleveland that they need all these lockup units :ahhhhh:

• Like 2

Cleveland Site Safe are that confident with their product they put their nameplate on the outside. A quick google of their website and chances are you’ll get a good idea of the construction and details of security features - I have🤔. I can now “go equipped” with the correct gear to break in! If you’ve got one as your security take the nameplate off and cover the doors with a secondary door so that when they’re carrying out their recce they can’t see exactly what they’re up against. Don’t leave your buildings/ containers open if they can be seen from public areas.
Line the inside with multiple layers of different materials. Fit alarms, cameras and obstacle’s to make gaining access to sides and rear difficult. Don’t forget to reinforce the roof. 

• Like 2

I spoke to a blacksmith friend years ago who'd just fabricated a 5mm steel frame to go round the front of a filing cabinet, make it more secure from casual opening, with secure padlock, and much better than the standard barrel lock you get. All good till he said "This will just need a tin opener and you can take the back right off".. your security is only as good as it's weakest link. Buy a massive chain and lock for a gate, they'll take it off its hinges, thick concrete walls, they will go through the roof, only thing you can do is make it an uncomfortable place for them to be I think.

Our house garage came with 'Blaster' and other security.. but the roller shutter door held closed with spark plugs, I have been in buildings where work had to insist on ear defenders on entry because the alarms were too loud. I'd go with alarms, and have them internal not external - can't disable them till you're in, 2 alarm sounder too, big lights if you can.. which will help at night with any cameras. If you really want to go for it, a shell and inside your more secure enclosure... and internal cameras too

If you want go for 2 systems, a quiet one to capture evidence, then a minute or so later hit them with the lights and sound

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peasgood said:

I lost the key to my high security chain so had to open it with a cordless grinder. It took seconds, and by seconds I mean probably less than 10.

I'm using pragmasis, above 16mm at least they won't be able to use bolt cutters like my old one which pinged off in maybe 2 seconds. 19mm or 22mm bar takes longer to cut through, hopefully twice to get a link open.

https://securityforbikes.com/security-chains.php

I realise it's not totally proof against the grinder, they can after all cut the gate apart around it. Still one of the layers though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Don’t rely on any container.

You need layers, then more layers.

Then probably more.

Sadly, I totally disagree with Vedhogger about insurance.

That’s your only bulletproof layer (read the small print).

I knocked the saw insurance on the head, it was going to cost about one saw per year and there's a £500 excess anyway. Trailer and chipper though just have to grin and bear it.