What Tree Shear Works Well With Avant 630?

Chipperclown

13 hours ago, doobin said:

Honestly though, how hard is it to cut anything that you can reach with an avant or mini digger with a chainsaw or pole saw? You’d need a lot of repetitive work to make it pay imho. 

It’s exactly all those things that have caused me to need to use machinery for almost  everything now, 25 years of chainsaw, pole saw and repetitive lifting has damaged my back and caused arthritis too.  I did shear work this week that I’d of done quicker and neater when I was 20 myself, sweating and grafting and running round a big garden feeling invincible.  Now I hobble to a machine, grit my teeth getting into it, blink hard at every bump I drive over and get frustrated when I have to reposition and maybe churn up a bit of lawn I then need to fix.  But it’s the only way I can keep working.  I’m an advocate of machinery always have been.  The jake shear doesn’t need the top grippers, that’s going to reduce where it can get into, tight forks etc.  The force these rams have too shear means it can have a 20’ tree by the 2’’ of steel making up the grab and it might take a lean but it’s got it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s exactly all those things that have caused me to need to use machinery for almost  everything now, 25 years of chainsaw, pole saw and repetitive lifting has damaged my back and caused arthritis too.  I did shear work this week that I’d of done quicker and neater when I was 20 myself, sweating and grafting and running round a big garden feeling invincible.  Now I hobble to a machine, grit my teeth getting into it, blink hard at every bump I drive over and get frustrated when I have to reposition and maybe churn up a bit of lawn I then need to fix.  But it’s the only way I can keep working.  I’m an advocate of machinery always have been.  The jake shear doesn’t need the top grippers, that’s going to reduce where it can get into, tight forks etc.  The force these rams have too shear means it can have a 20’ tree by the 2’’ of steel making up the grab and it might take a lean but it’s got it.
That's the point I've reached too, not got a mini loader but have a jak 200 for the bobcat e26 and recently made a new too hitch for it to go on the E85 which is unbelievable how much you can cut hold and handle with it, especially good on overgrown thorn hedges so not getting torn to bit's all day.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stephen Blair said:

Hopefully I’ve bought the machinery young enough then 😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1