Smell from next doors wood burner

Trigger-Andy thanks for your reply, but as I said I haven’t lit my fire this season, had it swept two weeks ago. She only had her stove installed 3 weeks ago. So it is her smoke but why it is leaking is the mystery. 

I know you’ve not lit your Stove this season. I can read. My comment stands. The lady firing up her Stove could be warming up your previously used liner causing your old soot/tar you’ve produced yourself to release volatiles that due to being fairly cold to sink back into your room.

In my opinion if you don’t like the smell of wood burning you might want to consider installing an Electric look-alike Stove.

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I know you’ve not lit your Stove this season. I can read. My comment stands. The lady firing up her Stove could be warning up your previously used liner causing your old soot/tar you’ve produced yourself to release volatiles that due to being fairly cold to sink back into your room.

In my opinion if you don’t like the smell of wood burning you might want to consider installing an Electric look-alike Stove.

There you go again Andy . Too much GGRRRRR !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

They both have stoves professionally installed with Liners. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ 

How would you explain the smell of smoke?

I can't definitively but perhaps dodgy pointing .  Saying this all calm and not loosing it in any way or form 🙂

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

They both have stoves professionally installed with Liners. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ 

How would you explain the smell of smoke?

The other stove install has a problem and the liner has split/doesn't go all the way up/has a loose connection or whatever? Stranger things have happened and it can't hurt to get it checked out.

Personally I can usually tell the difference between smoke and a lingering tarry smell but without being in the room it's a bit of a guess to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference in smell between smoke and the smell of a chimney stack is completely different. The smoke smells like woody smoke (unless burning coal) and the smell of a chimney stack is more clawing, acrid smell like damp, claggy carbon from when you clean your chimney - not like smoke at all.

It is amazing the pull on air from a stove. If I have been cleaning stuff in the garage, the stove pulls that much air you get a paraffin type smell in the room with the fire in it and ventilation fans can easily pull down the smell of the stack in to the room as has previously been mentioned. 

• Like 1