Future Firewood Demand Optimism?

Billhook

They have been off a week that's all, in 1987 we had no power for 3 weeks managed with rayburn and gas cooker and gas lights. 

A couple of months ago are power went out so got gas lamp out of shed must be 5 years it was last used lite first time. 

Made me laugh on the news yesterday some women was complaining about no electric fridge empty no heating and nothing to cook on camera man paned around kitchen at standing in the corner was a gas range cooker.??. 

• Like 1

Here we go again with storm Barra coming tomorrow.  Some three thousand homes are still without electricity or heat from storm Arwen.

I think that the law in Norway should be brought in here for rural communities.

I still say that we are due for a normal hard Winter in spite of the nay sayers and catastrophic climate pundits 

I’m working off of Norway just now. It’s wild out there. Currently 2 knots off of being stopped from working outside at all.

This is the swell coming up to the lowest level of the Rig, sea level is 26m below. IMG_4840.thumb.jpg.0ce7fe7cabdd9bf3ab233918c11fbe95.jpgIMG_4841.jpg

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I’m working off of Norway just now. It’s wild out there. Currently 2 knots off of being stopped from working outside at all.

This is the swell coming up to the lowest level of the Rig, sea level is 26m below. IMG_4840.thumb.jpg.0ce7fe7cabdd9bf3ab233918c11fbe95.jpgIMG_4841.jpg

But have you fitted a wood burning stove on board???!

4 hours ago, woody paul said:

They have been off a week that's all, in 1987 we had no power for 3 weeks managed with rayburn and gas cooker and gas lights. 

A couple of months ago are power went out so got gas lamp out of shed must be 5 years it was last used lite first time. 

Made me laugh on the news yesterday some women was complaining about no electric fridge empty no heating and nothing to cook on camera man paned around kitchen at standing in the corner was a gas range cooker.??. 

Except if she is relying on the auto ignition? Or perhaps do some gas stoves cut off the gas if there is a power cut(safety related)

Edited by difflock

My source is the Lars mitting book, Norwegian wood.

I have the same book. I don’t recall reading that?

Could you post a pic of that up?

When I bought my house in Norway there was only electric heaters in the house. Same as many people I know.

Most new houses are so well insulated that it’s next to impossible to run a stove and keep the windows closed. The new builds next to the house I sold, detached 3 story dwellings, do not have stoves fitted as standard.
  • Like 1