Logosol LM410

trigger_andy

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

So Andy,
Can you profile hardwood logs with it?
I’m thinking sweet chestnut or oak heartwood?
emoji106.png

Id have to ask Logosol. The blades are taking upto 25mm cuts so Id be surprised if it would handle hardwood, if it does I guess it will seriously reduce the life of the blades. 

2 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

How big a cant will it do?
emoji106.png

8" x 8", but also 6" x 6" or 6" x 8", Im thinking of going 6" x 8".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

So Andy,
emoji106.png

Yes you can profile hardwood logs with it as its an industrial machine but cutters will need sharpening more often.

Edited by topchippyles

So Andy,
[emoji106]

Just had a reply from Logosol Saul, Larch is the hardest wood they recommend Moulding with the LM410, even then the feed rate is reduced.It’s designed for Pine and Spruce. He said hardwood will just break the cutters. Hardwood is fine for the planing knives though as you’re just taking 1-2mm off per pass.

It’s not an industrial machine by any stretch of the imagination, at best it’s one level up from Hobby use.
  • Like 2

Just had a reply from Logosol Saul, Larch is the hardest wood they recommend Moulding with the LM410, even then the feed rate is reduced.It’s designed for Pine and Spruce. He said hardwood will just break the cutters. Hardwood is fine for the planing knives though as you’re just taking 1-2mm off per pass.

It’s not an industrial machine by any stretch of the imagination, at best it’s one level up from Hobby use.

Sure someone mentioned it being a “industrial” machine [emoji848]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Industrial, hobby or whatever, it looks like a great little bit of kit.

I wonder could I adapt my lt15 to take it? Must have a gander at the specs online. I've a lot of cants to plane.

• Like 1

Just now, Conor Wright said:

Industrial, hobby or whatever, it looks like a great little bit of kit.

I wonder could I adapt my lt15 to take it? Must have a gander at the specs online. I've a lot of cants to plane.

Logosol says it fits the vast majority of Bandsaw Mills. The track width is it accepts is either on their websites or in the user manual, which is also available on-line. Wider tracked Mills would need the LM410 XL, which is just a wider chassis. 

• Like 1