Logosol LM410

trigger_andy

11 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Does the moulder also create the D shape? How long does it take to swap between knives/shapes?

Yes, the moulder creates the D, or rounded profile. You start with a pre-milled 6” square log. All 4 sides get either molded or planed. 

Swapping out the knives is time consuming and a little fiddly. But you can install the tongue and grove knives at the same time. after the first pass you can then roll the log 180 degrees then do a second pass. I think I’d mould a batch and then swap the knives out for the D profile then mould them all again. A lot of double or even triple handling. 

The planing knives stay in all the time. 

36929902-4D03-4015-B3F8-94E65C3203E7.png

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ratman said:

Could you not put an edge on them a time or two do you think? Obviously pending whether you’ve struck something with them

Perhaps, its getting into all the angles that makes me wary of giving that a go. Think Id rather just wait til Im heading off-shore then they be delivered when Im home again. Really cant see me hitting metal, then Bandsaw will pick that up first, but better junking a £30 band than a knife from a set that cost £1200

Perhaps, its getting into all the angles that makes me wary of giving that a go. Think Id rather just wait til Im heading off-shore then they be delivered when Im home again. Really cant see me hitting metal, then Bandsaw will pick that up first, but better junking a £30 band than a knife from a set that cost £1200

£1200 [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] shit the bed!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, harvey b davison said:

That really does look the bees knees. Quite like the idea of building my own log cabin. Bet you could earn a fortune milling the logs for log cabins.

I’ve advertised on FB market place and had enquiries all day, no biters yet and one guy called me a con-man for the quote I gave him. 🤣Once I’ve got my cabin built I’ll use it for better advertising 

There seems to be very few places selling Logs for Log Cabins. The only place I could find on-line sell 3” “logs” for £19 a meter. So asking £20 a meter for mine does not sound that bad to me. A lot of manual handling though. 

8D89F817-6C0B-4576-AB17-F1A39FE4FB92.jpeg

• Like 1