Logosol LM410

trigger_andy

So I took delivery of my LM410 the other day. Got my mates Avant in to get it mounted on the Sawmill rails and had my first play yesterday.

IMG_3615.jpg

First thing I planed up was a 600mm wide Beech Slab I’m gonna use as a workbench in my nee workshop. Worked “ok” but very grabby. Managed to plane both sides but was constantly holding the machine back.

IMG_3608.jpg

Very happy with the finish.

IMG_3610.jpg

Next I tried the Log Cabin Log Moulding Knives, which is the real reason I bought the machine. Was even more grabby than before and what should have taken one pass took three and left a terrible feathery finish. Something was obviously wrong. So having a look on Logosols website it looked like the motor and cutter assy where installed back-to-front from the factory. They also forgot to wire in the emergency stop.

IMG_3613.jpg

This morning I did a pass pushing the Moulder the wrong way and it cut perfect. So next on the agenda was rotating the assy 180 degrees. Much easier with the Avant. [emoji16]

IMG_3625.jpgIMG_3627.jpg

So now I’ve got three “demo” moulder logs. Over all very happy with the machine but Logosol could really do with some better drawings for spacing out the moulding knives. I’ve got my own measurements now though.

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3634.jpgIMG_3635.jpgIMG_3632.jpg

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Your demo logs look a snug fit Andy, very nice. Makes me think I really want to build a cabin! Look forward to seeing what you get up to with the new toys. 

Yes, quite snug. The drawings of the knives give no actual spacing or indication if its for a 6" or 8" log, the knives do both. Was a bit of trial and error to get that right. Ive intentionally left them snug in some green Larch to see how drying affects the fit. 

Just PM me for a quote. :D:D:D 

• Like 1

Looks like a cracking bit of kit Andy. That’s not great pdi quality control etc to say least. Logs look lovely stacked together bud, I’m sure some strategically placed  long timber screws and the weight of the whole cabin walls and roof would go a long way to helping with excessive movement. 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yes, quite snug. The drawings of the knives give no actual spacing or indication if its for a 6" or 8" log, the knives do both. Was a bit of trial and error to get that right. Ive intentionally left them snug in some green Larch to see how drying affects the fit. 

Just PM me for a quote. :D:D:D 

You'd probably be retired long before I get round to it but yes, it had crossed my mind you're not that far away 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

You'd probably be retired long before I get round to it but yes, it had crossed my mind you're not that far away 

If I retire at 62 my Norwegian pension is £30k a year. £50k at 67. I’ll most likely still be messing around with these toys then. 😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Looks like a cracking bit of kit Andy. That’s not great pdi quality control etc to say least. Logs look lovely stacked together bud, I’m sure some strategically placed  long timber screws and the weight of the whole cabin walls and roof would go a long way to helping with excessive movement. 👍

Yeh, the quality control just now leaves a lot to be desired. I know they are flat out busy over in Sweden just now and they have paused the manufacture of certain lines to meet the demand for Mills etc. 

Ive been watching Youtube video after youtube video on building a cabin with these D-.Logs. As you say a lot of 8-12" lagging screws and a good roof goes a long way. The guy I rent the Avant off of has the same log cabin logs for his house. A Turf roof was chosen to help weigh down the logs.