I can’t believe my country is in a final didn’t think it would happen in my life time

Patrick goulding

32 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Walker was superb.

Agreed Mick. He is rapid! Thought on balance we deserved the win, but fair play to Denmark who have been excellent all tournament. After watching the Spain and Italy match on Tuesday, I fear we are going to endure 90 minutes minimum of the Italians falling down when the breeze changes. In last nights match I thought England were bad enough at it….. Denmark certainly didn’t go to ground like we did. The air will be blue in my house if they start tumbling down like a snipers got them, makes my piss boil.

• Like 3

England deserved the win, but not by the manner that it was achieved. The penalty wasn't justified. They did control long parts of the game though. Denmark were superb, especially considering their population is a tenth of England's.

If they win on Sunday, the question will no doubt be raised - can England only win a major championship at Wembley?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IronMike said:

Agreed Mick. He is rapid! Thought on balance we deserved the win, but fair play to Denmark who have been excellent all tournament. After watching the Spain and Italy match on Tuesday, I fear we are going to endure 90 minutes minimum of the Italians falling down when the breeze changes. In last nights match I thought England were bad enough at it….. Denmark certainly didn’t go to ground like we did. The air will be blue in my house if they start tumbling down like a snipers got them, makes my piss boil.

Very much agree. Harry Kane's feet seem to be magnetically repelled from the floor if he's challenged by another player. That repulsion only gets stronger the closer he is to the goal.

• Haha 1

The penalty was harsh, but the two players on Sterling were clumsy.

As Roy Keane said once “they gave the ref the opportunity to blow the whistle”

1 minute ago, Big J said:

Very much agree. Harry Kane's feet seem to be magnetically repelled from the floor if he's challenged by another player. That repulsion only gets stronger the closer he is to the goal.

He is very clever at being fouled, they are fouls, it’s not fabrication (most of the time)

He gets his team up the pitch, he is often isolated up front on his own, it’s the defenders fault for not being smart enough.

As a lone striker Drogba was the best I have seen at that.

• Like 2

I guess it’s now part of the modern day game. Some teams do it better than others though!

I reckon Denmark were the first decent team we’ve come up against in the tournament. Germany couldn’t be bothered and didn’t pose anywhere near as big a threat as you’d expect. Italy will be a different game entirely. Need to make sure we don’t end up getting someone sent off!

16 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

The penalty was harsh, but the two players on Sterling were clumsy.

As Roy Keane said once “they gave the ref the opportunity to blow the whistle”

He is very clever at being fouled, they are fouls, it’s not fabrication (most of the time)

He gets his team up the pitch, he is often isolated up front on his own, it’s the defenders fault for not being smart enough.

As a lone striker Drogba was the best I have seen at that.

Totally agree with you about Pickford every kick seemed to go out or to the Danes.

The penalty was not at all as obvious as other decisions where there was no doubt.  However, good to see that there is now a video judgement but I would be interested to know the line up on that video panel.

It also seems unfair that the Danish goalie did such a fantastic save only to give away a chance for a second shot which does not happen in the penalty shoot outs, how did this rule develop?