Pressure Washer

IronMike

Hi Mike, hope you're well. If you're not worried about new I think there's a few in the quarterly plant sale in Reading, it's online only, cus of covid and got about 7 days left to run. Might be a bit of a trawl to find them as there's hundreds of lots. It's at www.tsauction.co.uk 

Ernie.

The turbo nozzle goes a long way to balance low flow/pressure and the ability to clean stuff.

For those that don't know what this means - basically the turbo nozzle delivers a very thin jet of pressurized water, this would normally allow you to only clean a small area but the turbo nozzle wobbles the jet all over the place so you get a powerful clean but don't need top pressure. All you need to do is find the right size jet and the correct fan movement for your application.

This all falls flat if you use a block paving head with a weedy cleaner but that's life!

32l per minute...bloody hell, that would take barnacles off a hull, the paint and sacrificial anodes!!!!  

3 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

For cleaning heavy plant flow wins over pressure every time, running from a tap restricts this. My machine at full tilt uses 32L/minute, an average domestic tap delivers 15L/minute. I'm not saying tap fed washer don't work, but they are laborious.

This x100. Listen to the man. A Logbullet caked in mud needs flow, not pressure. Tap fed ones are laborious, but tap fed and running at 8l/m is pointless. You need at least 15l/m

The best compromise (ie, available at not stupid money secondhand but still more than your budget unless you're handy with spanners) would probably be a 13HP petrol 21l/minute machine, paired with a 210 litre plastic barrel fitted with a ball valve as a reservoir tank.

Trying to clean mud off a machine is pointless even with my semi industrial 12l/minute steam cleaner. With that Kranzle, at 8l/minute? You'd be better off pissing on it, and that's the honest truth.

I have a 200LPM firefighting type pump matched to an IBC for wet mud and rinsing off. Cleanwell 12l/minute steam cleaner for degreasing. And a 13HP 15l/minute petrol jobby. I'm looking for a 21l/min 13HP one at the right price too.

Flow, not pressure. And you need HP for that, which means petrol or three phase.

Edited by doobin

• 1 month later...
On 30/01/2021 at 15:36, spudulike said:

The turbo nozzle goes a long way to balance low flow/pressure and the ability to clean stuff.

For those that don't know what this means - basically the turbo nozzle delivers a very thin jet of pressurized water, this would normally allow you to only clean a small area but the turbo nozzle wobbles the jet all over the place so you get a powerful clean but don't need top pressure. All you need to do is find the right size jet and the correct fan movement for your application.

This all falls flat if you use a block paving head with a weedy cleaner but that's life!

32l per minute...bloody hell, that would take barnacles off a hull, the paint and sacrificial anodes!!!!  

What model pressure washer is this Spud?  You still happy with it?

Thx Craig

It is this one and got it from this place, best price I could get it for on the day. Happy with it but cant say I regularly use it - wash the car and clean the drive/patio in the spring sort of use!

WWW.CLEANSTORE.CO.UK

Nilfisk Excellent E145 Pressure Washer Power, Efficiency & Reliability The Nilfisk Excellent E145 model is a highly mobile, user-friendly pressure washer in Nilfisk's Excellent...

• Like 1

Must admit I've got a cheap screw fix 1 and really can't fault it.

God knows how old it is and had a hard life washing kennels, walls, concrete and some very manky quads and pick ups over a long period of time.

Had a few 4 to 6hr sessions with it too

My dad has a top end Makita electric and honestly prefer my cheap 1

10 hours ago, drinksloe said:

Must admit I've got a cheap screw fix 1 and really can't fault it.

God knows how old it is and had a hard life washing kennels, walls, concrete and some very manky quads and pick ups over a long period of time.

Had a few 4 to 6hr sessions with it too

My dad has a top end Makita electric and honestly prefer my cheap 1

The point I and Eggs are trying to make is that a 4-6hr session would be a 1 hour session with something with a decent flow rate...🤣

Aye I mibbee would but a lot off money lying about for a once in blue moon 4hr spraying session.

For cleaning a few  footpaths once or twice a year all u need.

Not even sure about 1 would off been all that much quicker.

I've used a few electric washers including big wheeled things an none seem to be an awful lot better than my cheapy, for washing 1 machine it's all he'd really need, much else would be over kill.

Must admit I'd go petrol and wash it on site out a farm trough or burn, cleaning up the mess takes longer than cleaning the machine in 1st place.

And u need a big sump that is easy cleaned out otherwise it will block ur drains.