The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

To be honest I've never actually tried just pulling mine up the ramps, just didn't think I could manage it as I'm about 10 1/2 stone wet :blushing:

Just make sure there not soaking wet and covered in crap as it then becomes a whole new ballgame 😂😂 don't ask me how I know 😳😳

Engine, Briggs & Stratton should be fine (and same make as the Greenmech), AFAIK some of the Honda engines are made in China anyway, could be wrong about that.

The Briggs on the Rock machinary one is almost certainly also made in China. I think it's only the Vanguards that aren't made there now.

I have the Rock Machinery chipper but was using a JoBeau M300 last week, the JoBeau is lighter and more compact mainly due to having narrower wheels and I think a lower infeed hopper and discharge chute. The one I was using had a Honda engine although according to the JoBeau website they can also have a Briggs & Stratton, my Rock Machinery one has a Briggs & Stratton.

To be perfectly honest while the JoBeau is nice as it's lighter I didn't see anything that made me regret buying the Rock chipper. As for the Greenmech I've never seen one let alone used one but I was quoted over £4800 inc vat for a new one and they're actually heavier than the Rock chipper as they have a 2 cylinder engine (Briggs & Stratton) which gives them more HP and probably more torque. As far as reliability/durability goes I've said it before, there are essentially 4 things to go wrong with a mini chipper as they're as basic as it gets.

Engine, Briggs & Stratton should be fine (and same make as the Greenmech), AFAIK some of the Honda engines are made in China anyway, could be wrong about that.

Knives/Blades, I'd hope the JoBeau/Greenmech had better quality blades than the Rock given the price difference but I don't know for sure.

Drive Belts, just regular V belts so much of a muchness IMO

Drum Bearings, probably better bearings on the JoBeau/Greenmech but it would cost very little to replace the stock bearings on the Rock chipper with high quality bearings.

You could buy a 2nd hand Greenmech or JoBeau but there's no way of knowing how much abuse the engine has had and that's the one part that'll cost most to replace. At least with a brand new Rock you have a warranty and a few grand extra in your pocket, with a Greenmech or JoBeau, new or used you have something that'll still have some value 2 years down the line if you decide to sell or trade in and the reassurance of knowing who the actual manufacturer is should things go wrong.

Personally I wasn't prepared to go into debt for a mini chipper as in my case it won't get regular use but you need to make your own mind up on that.

I have an m400 for sale, not much use. Pm me if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Arbtalk mobile app