The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

Well I cant help bigging up my little Gts 1300 Wee Chipper , its 2 years old now and still on the same blades that i put in 12months ago, it worked its little Cotton Socks off all day on Conifers and Silver Birch ,everything chipped on site and logged up for the Customer,only thing that left the Site was a Cheque :thumbup:

Its still on the same tank of Fuel from yesterday, for the money these machines are the amazing .

23secs of glory

That Coni branch was the best part of 12ft long.

Ste

Used the jansen gte1500 on a job last weekend, 6 leylandi to remove, I have to say i'm well impressed, I did manage to block the ejection chute a few times, but later found that if I don't direct the chip down at a steep angle and throw it out I can basically throw stuff in it any way I want. i'll second the winch though I had mine in the back of my traffic and it was a pita getting it in and out. i'll post a small review and pictures when I get around to it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm itching to apply for my membership to this little club. I've pretty much bought a CS100 but haven't collected it yet. So no picture to show off!:001_rolleyes:

I'm mulling over what sort of trailer to get for it? I'm thinking a roller trailer could be better than a small cage side? Ease of removal is key, along with getting it close enough to the back of my Ranger for it to chip into the bed without spilling too much.

It's replacing an old Entec Trukloder, which for those who don't know is the same as the TW18/100g. That's treated me very well over the years but having recently got a job that needs the chipper taking in to the garden, I reckon now is the time to modernise my kit a little.

I'm itching to apply for my membership to this little club. I've pretty much bought a CS100 but haven't collected it yet. So no picture to show off!:001_rolleyes:

I'm mulling over what sort of trailer to get for it? I'm thinking a roller trailer could be better than a small cage side? Ease of removal is key, along with getting it close enough to the back of my Ranger for it to chip into the bed without spilling too much.

It's replacing an old Entec Trukloder, which for those who don't know is the same as the TW18/100g. That's treated me very well over the years but having recently got a job that needs the chipper taking in to the garden, I reckon now is the time to modernise my kit a little.

I reckon those roller trailers are the mutz nutz but i do think the chipper is better off sat directly behind the trucks tail board so the chip has less distance to travel, the closer it is the less mess you will have to sweep up. For that reason i'd opt fer a small'ish caged trailer to carry the chipper and surplus cordwood etc. A roller trailer is cute but it's good for nuffin else. I'd always remove the chipper from which ever trailer you choose.

I looked into a roller trailer for mine but ended up with a small plant trailer with loading ramp. It gave me more capacity as I could chip into my pickup, then chip into tonne bags, strap the chipper back on and load logs around it. It means I can get more on my small setup than I could if I had a tow behind chipper or a roller trailer.