The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

I see your point. It is too much to rely on a micro chipper but for my line of business I believe its the way forward, as I said if I require a larger machine I shall hire one in.

I wasnt really making a point, just trying to understand the attraction.:001_smile:

• 1 month later...

saw this set up when i was over working in Holland last month, thought you guys might like the idea. in pic 3 you can see when the chipper is working its lifted onto another lock pin which lowers the hopper. to help with the nose weight on the trailer there's a couple of tractor weights in the rear of the trailer, which is a tipper.

IMAG0109.jpg.27dc6e81036cbc4c1a25d4a37b9ea9fe.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg.41e23275c1a25044205ecfe956d59b65.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg.9134eb8e4c209ecc31115f88d3f923a3.jpg

Edited by Craig Johnson

Where's the best place to get one of these smaller chippers from? maybe a towable one and most likely second hand. i've been looking for a chipper but money is tight as is space lol

Sorry to ask this, its just i know none of the names or specs or what to go for :(

cheers chris

Ive been toying with putting my wee chipper on the back of the trailer on a removable platform but now Ive seen this I might give this a try! Cant be that hard to move the pump and oil tank on the ifor williams underneath next to the battery can it?

Heres a picture of our trailer platform. This was the only time the jo beau has been on the platform, too much weight over rear of trailer, which made the trailer wag its tail over 50mph. The platform is fine for the muck truck or stumpgrinder, prefered method to carry jo beau in back of pick up.

IMAG0080.jpg.d3d947ee16ec8374a2d5af404fe3df9e.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg.771e364734ee2460b989833d1ca82d8a.jpg

Photo-0056.jpg.5a001a574d54b2413f8b12caf36ae69d.jpg

Pic from yesterday, my wee chipper had it for about 4 years before you boys had even thought of it :001_tt2:

I used to hire one of those regularly, and even thought of buying one. Then they became hard to find, and the Jo-Beaus came onto the market. I larfed and larfed at the J-B then, a toy chipper and all that. Now i have one and love it.