Farm tipping trailer advice

Dave Martin

Dave, just get a tee in the main lift pipe for the loader and put the trailer connector on the new end. Then put a tap between the new tee and the loader rams to switch off the supply, plug her in and away you go! You just use the same lever to tip the trailer as you would to raise the loader, when you've tipped unplug the trailer pipe, turn on the tap and the loader back in action!

If you make sure the loader is in a lowered position when tipping the trailer, and the trailer is lowered when using the loader, the oil capacity will not be a problem. It is also the safe way to use the tractor!

Looks a nice little set up.

Thanks .. I will mention the t to the lads extendinding the pipe.:thumbup1:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loader needs one hydraulic supply so I can’t see how “all” your hydraulic connections are used for the loader unless the tractor only has one supply. I find it highly unlikely that JD have built a modern tractor with just one hydraulic supply. I would have another look into that.

If it does only have one port 18 stoners suggestion is a way forward but will mean that you disable any powered motion on the loader while you have the supply switched to the tipping port. A better solution would be to fit a high pressure carry over (HPCO) to the loaders valve block. A HPCO will give priority to the loader but will allow you to tip the trailer as well. It won’t need any change over valves.

Andy

The loader needs one hydraulic supply so I can’t see how “all” your hydraulic connections are used for the loader unless the tractor only has one supply. I find it highly unlikely that JD have built a modern tractor with just one hydraulic supply. I would have another look into that.

If it does only have one port 18 stoners suggestion is a way forward but will mean that you disable any powered motion on the loader while you have the supply switched to the tipping port. A better solution would be to fit a high pressure carry over (HPCO) to the loaders valve block. A HPCO will give priority to the loader but will allow you to tip the trailer as well. It won’t need any change over valves.

Andy

There are four take offs on the back but these have all been disconected to use on the four connections on the loader.

hi,lots of old farm trailers had 20 inch diameter wheels and tyres, imo 20 inch tyres are hard too get and expensive so look out for trailers with 16 inch wheels and tyres.

Couple of mine were like that changed the wheels for 7.50 x 16 wheels and tyres off ford cargo trucks, although by all accounts thier getting harder to find now too :001_rolleyes:

There are four take offs on the back but these have all been disconected to use on the four connections on the loader.

Well that is a pants way of doing things. The loader valve should only need one supply. I can’t see any reason why that should need more than one service.

Get a hydraulic engineer to take a look at it.

Well that is a pants way of doing things. The loader valve should only need one supply. I can’t see any reason why that should need more than one service.

Get a hydraulic engineer to take a look at it.

If the loader has double acting lift rams and hydraulic crowd on the bucket, it will need 4 outlets(2 double valves). A standard set up for any modern tractor.

I agree though, if knowledge of tractors is limited, get a hyd engineer to look at it for you.

John, in what scenario would you ever need to use the loader when the trailer is in the tipped position? In 30 experience of using ag machinery i have never come across one!

Obviously not been sugar beeting. Prior to front 3 point link the topper was attached to the front loader. The sugar beet harvester attached to the rear and the depth of the harvester controlled by the trailer tipper pipe while the depth of the topper controlled by the front loader.