TR8 woes.

lux

4 minutes ago, lux said:

Can’t say I agree on warranty. Bloody glad I’ve got one at the moment.

This could happen with any brand of chipper to be fair.

Buying a used chipper could be a minefield. If it’s such a good chipper why is someone moving it on ...

Horses for courses swinny.

The important part of this is how forst respond to Remedy the situation.

I was put off forst a good few years ago. Knew a few folk with lots of issues and never liked that screen display for turning on etc.... 

I went with a tw230 in the end for simplicity though this has had issues which after giving the dealer a few times to sort we fixed it ourselves. 

Next purchases will be second hand, either a tw190/230 tracked or a gm1928

As with all.machines you have to get to know them I think. All will have niggles from manufacturers to manufactures.

Yes in your case I'm glad you have warranty. It's a shame you have to feel like you need to have warranty to be safe. As someone mentioned earlier the second hand value being poor and forst reb- buying them being the main way to move them on only locks you into the brand. 

Hope you can get sorted! Not sure which was is best to go for you, all the best.

I was put off forst a good few years ago. Knew a few folk with lots of issues and never liked that screen display for turning on etc.... 

I went with a tw230 in the end for simplicity though this has had issues which after giving the dealer a few times to sort we fixed it ourselves. 

Next purchases will be second hand, either a tw190/230 tracked or a gm1928

As with all.machines you have to get to know them I think. All will have niggles from manufacturers to manufactures.

Yes in your case I'm glad you have warranty. It's a shame you have to feel like you need to have warranty to be safe. As someone mentioned earlier the second hand value being poor and forst reb- buying them being the main way to move them on only locks you into the brand. 

Hope you can get sorted! Not sure which was is best to go for you, all the best.

Never easy is it.

Given my mates issues with his 230 I wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole. Lister wilder were crap too.

The 190 is a great machine but too long in the tooth now. Got enough older machines not to need another. Good chipper but most likely had a hard life by now.
Never been a greenmech fan although people do rate the 19-28 highly.

Forst had a lot of good answers regarding early machines issues. Shame the new one had some of its own for my purchasing pleasure ...

9 minutes ago, woody paul said:

This has been an interesting read, why the hell don't chipper manufacturers build chipper strong and sod the weight because if they are good they will sell what ever the weight. 

Because they won’t sell whatever the weight.

Look at the TW150s, changed the industry, all of a sudden you had a pro chipper that you could push around like a pram on a lawn.

That chipper was produced for nigh on 20 years. 

You can go out and get a Schliesing which is better made and heavier but more expensive.

People have the choice and plump for the lighter ones more often than not.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, woody paul said:

This has been an interesting read, why the hell don't chipper manufacturers build chipper strong and sod the weight because if they are good they will sell what ever the weight. 

Cos of all the college chancers whos mummy n daddy forgot a trailer license in their search for a profession for little Tarquin there,  K

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Cos of all the college chancers whos mummy n daddy forgot a trailer license in their search for a profession for little Tarquin there,  K

Total crap. 
Plenty of firms use them as not only can anyone tow them but a 35hp chipper gives them enough performance to run a good tree business and not be pulling 1.5 tonnes around every day.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Total crap. 
Plenty of firms use them as not only can anyone tow them but a 35hp chipper gives them enough performance to run a good tree business and not be pulling 1.5 tonnes around every day.

Exactly....that little 230 is a hell of a chipper for what it is. Would have to go quite a bit bigger to better it. Such a lightweight thing it is. Esp co spidering I used to have tracked chipper and trailer every day. So from 1850-1900kg down to 750kg for the domestics. That's how to run business! Savings everywhere if you look for them. Less fuel and wear and tear on trucks. 

Still have tracked machine but will.upgrade at some point soon hopefully

Edited by swinny
  • Like 1