Fiskars X25 Quality????

Witterings

2 hours ago, Toad said:

Yeah, same as the others have said, neither of mine looked like that when they arrived. Where did it come from?

It came from CPC Farnell ... I had a look at their reviews on Trustpilot last night and it doesn't make for happy reading.

I knew I was going in for a major operation on the 26th of last month and knowing lots of things are selling out due to Covid ordered it on the 25th for deliver this Monday 7th as they'd require photo ID on delivery and wanted to make sure I was out of hospital.

I checked the stock levels when I ordered and they confirmed there were 9 in stock and one would definitely be put by for me.

I called them last Thursday the 3rd to make sure it was still scheduled for Monday delivery and they confirmed it was.

Late Monday afternoon I had a feeling it wasn't going to arrive so called them to see if the had a tracking number, they said there had been a problem with the payment and transferred me to accounts. Accounts processed the payment (without asking me for any more details) whilst I was on the phone to them so they obviously hadn't had a problem at all. 

I asked when it would arrive as it was now obviously going to be late but also an explanation of why it hadn't been sent in the 1st place, he said he'd look into it and call me back. When he called back he left a message on my voicemail saying they had been out of stock but some had just arrived in that day which was obviously a blatant lie.

Absolute joke dealing with these people although I sent them an e-mail last night and they have said they'd arrange to have it collected and could either refund or replace in the future as they were currently out of stock .... the whole reason why I ordered it in advance!!! ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Witterings said:

It came from CPC Farnell ... I had a look at their reviews on Trustpilot last night and it doesn't make for happy reading.

I knew I was going in for a major operation on the 26th of last month and knowing lots of things are selling out due to Covid ordered it on the 25th for deliver this Monday 7th as they'd require photo ID on delivery and wanted to make sure I was out of hospital.

I checked the stock levels when I ordered and they confirmed there were 9 in stock and one would definitely be put by for me.

I called them last Thursday the 3rd to make sure it was still scheduled for Monday delivery and they confirmed it was.

Late Monday afternoon I had a feeling it wasn't going to arrive so called them to see if the had a tracking number, they said there had been a problem with the payment and transferred me to accounts. Accounts processed the payment (without asking me for any more details) whilst I was on the phone to them so they obviously hadn't had a problem at all. 

I asked when it would arrive as it was now obviously going to be late but also an explanation of why it hadn't been sent in the 1st place, he said he'd look into it and call me back. When he called back he left a message on my voicemail saying they had been out of stock but some had just arrived in that day which was obviously a blatant lie.

Absolute joke dealing with these people although I sent them an e-mail last night and they have said they'd arrange to have it collected and could either refund or replace in the future as they were currently out of stock .... the whole reason why I ordered it in advance!!! ☹️

Booo. They sound like knobbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toad said:

Booo. They sound like knobbers.

In my personal experience, they're one of the best to deal with. I use them a great deal for all manner of things, mainly for my other job. A little tip, if your order isn't big, expensive, or heavy, add an aerosol canister to the order. Royal Mail can't deliver these, so UPS bring it, usually next day. My last two orders have arrived next day, despite being advised as a day later. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

CPC Farnell are a big company, Farnell are a big electronic component distributor and CPC are the domestic side doing computing, gaming, homewares, TV and Audio type products. They are a BIG name but think CPC are perhaps better known in the North as they are based near Preston.

I have visited both Farnell and CPC as a supplier to them in the past and have purchased from them  with no issues.

The axe looks like it has been kicked around for a while. It should come with a plastic guard holder/hook so you can hang it up and it also protects it in transit and for hanging in a shop etc. 

I got my X27 from Amazon US when you could get them for £40. The teflon coating would have come off if your axe had been used but it looks like the plastic safety cover has been removed and the head has taken a knock. Perhaps a couple of lads in their dispatch department pissed around with it before sending it!

I guess it would look like that after its first outing but not good receiving it like this as new.

Perhaps ask for some sort of refund to compensate for the damage - probably easier and cheaper for them to do this than organize picking it up etc.

• Like 2

Agree with Spud on this something deffo not right, I sell the odd Fiskars, they always have plastic blade guard so impossible for the edge to be nicked like that, send it back.

Have dealt with CPC for 20 years and we get a delivery once a week on average for our workshop ...that is definitely not their standard service. Like everyone at the moment they likely have extra staff and stock challenges. Pick up the phone and give them an earful! There all local Lancashire folk so they can handle it😂

• Like 1

I appreciate that your new axe isn't as "new" as you wanted it to be. But. Its for splitting logs? Just crack on and use it.

He has been slightly robbed though. New kit in this game only looks new for about 1 day. Poor bloke didn’t even get the 1 day. ..

You opened that bottle yet [emoji38]
  • Haha 1