Finished my shed

Tippin Alaybye

13 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

After 2 years. All Spruce. Cost a fortune in screws. Windows free from a demolished conservatory

306ddfc3c71d1aa68807f250e8c73fa5.jpg

Looks great. Looking to build a workshop like this before to long.

Are you not worried Spruce will rot out very quickly? Ive got loads of Spruce for a build like this but was warned off of using it for the exterior cladding. 

Are you not worried Spruce will rot out very quickly? Ive got loads of Spruce for a build like this but was warned off of using it for the exterior cladding. 
My dad built a stick shed with spruce 30 years ago and creosoted it and the boards are as fresh as the day they went up
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Spruce is all I have. I built a regular shed for my lawnmowers from green spruce 3 years ago. I couldn’t wait for it to dry as my garage roof was leaking. I was concerned re warping etc but to my surprise not a problem. I used half lap joints so any shrinking would not result in water getting in. I had to adjust the padlock latch a few millimetres after a year and as wood preservative is expensive I didn’t put any on.

Edited by Tippin Alaybye
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:
Nice build you should be chuffed ,whats it like inside have you clad the walls .

I’m putting 1” half lap boards either side of the 3” posts hoping to make it warmer and more insulated. I was going to use insulation board but was put off by the price. Still undecided about this. Carpet from a friend going down soon Inside not finished. I wanted to have exterior done before winter

IMG_0945.jpg

Edited by Tippin Alaybye
  • Like 1