Chain oil not coming onto the bar ??

Al Slitter

7 hours ago, Tommy_B said:

Was on site talking to someone about what spec we were cutting timber to. Guy said he had been on a site previous week and they were sawing to 4.53m. I wondered why such a specific number and the answer was you can get two 7ft coffins out of that length. 

Makes you wonder

All that makes me wonder is "are they expecting a lot of tall people dying ?" I would expect the answer to be more because you can get 12' ceiling joists out of it with the building boom that's going on round here. Anyway if you divide 4.53m by 2 you get 2.265m not 7 feet :D Stop mixing measurements.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, peatff said:

All that makes me wonder is "are they expecting a lot of tall people dying ?" I would expect the answer to be more because you can get 12' ceiling joists out of it with the building boom that's going on round here. Anyway if you divide 4.53m by 2 you get 2.265m not 7 feet :D Stop mixing measurements.

Maybe it's for 5'10 people plus baggage? 😂 Some people are tight b******* anyway, would make sense that they need to take it with them!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peatff said:

I was no good at maths or listening! Why do you think I got into treework?😄

Cant remember what the numbers were but the point stands!😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of my roles that was forced onto me was funeral services on behalf of the council ☹️ I mark where graves must be dug and I am personally responsible if it’s wrong 😬 I then return once they are dug to measure the hole the gravediggers have excavated and test the wooden platforms around the burial site because that’s what all four pole bearers stand on. Sometimes for a Laugh the grave diggers balance them badly so I fall in 🤦🏻‍♀️ Bloody long drop if it’s a triple grave. I then wait for the coffin to arrive and have to stand graveside incase anyone injures themselves and want to claim from the council. I HATE this part of my job because it’s heartbreaking and I have had to attend hundreds of burials listening to about how lovely the person that died was and hold people up when they are crying. I want to hug them all and give them tea ☹️ It’s rewarding but can effect you deeply. Especially the young ones, suicide victims families and a few that were murdered. I’m a pisces so take on the pain around me. I am used to it now but the odd one still gets to me. I am definitely being cremated and would NOT want my children crying in a cold cemetery 😬

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I once repaired a Honda drainage pump for a grave digger......one of the weirder things I have had in!

Worked really well once the carb had been overhauled!

That’s a vital piece of equipment because sadly a lot of graves flood and it’s all we can do to drain them and hope they don’t fill up to quickly while the service is taking place. Coffins have started floating 😬 we cover the base of graves with leaves to try to disguise the rising water. Ours just broke so we have been using the bucket on the digger !!! No fun when it’s a re opener and there is a coffin already in. You can have three coffins in one grave. Sorry it’s a little grim 👎🏻

• Like 1

Sounds a bit more than grim. The guy seemed pretty happy it was working again. He was digging the holes with a spade as he had the view that using a mini digger didn't seem respectful - funny old places grave yards....you find yourself talking to the graves - cleared a few fallen tree branches from our local church!

• Like 3