What tier are you in?

eggsarascal

There really is zero hope of the virus not spreading in that school if it gets a foothold. There is barely any social distancing going on, at least not enough to make a difference. You only have to watch what happens at the end of school when they are all walking home together, shoulders rubbing etc. Just the other day I picked Keeley up and saw 4 of her friends(all from different families) huddle up in a ford focus with one of the mums. 

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 17.17.10.png

4 hours ago, Big J said:

Devon - tier two.

What a load of bollocks. Put Exeter and Plymouth into T2 but rural Devon has more panther sightings than covid cases.

I dont have a problem with it.  If the city numbers were lower I might agree with you. Also in the SW we have low hospital bed space per 100000 and an older demographic. Not a good combo with covid. They opened the Exeter Nightingale hospital today which shows our problem here

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

There really is zero hope of the virus not spreading in that school if it gets a foothold. There is barely any social distancing going on, at least not enough to make a difference. You only have to watch what happens at the end of school when they are all walking home together, shoulders rubbing etc. Just the other day I picked Keeley up and saw 4 of her friends(all from different families) huddle up in a ford focus with one of the mums. 

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 17.17.10.png

That being the case are you going to send your kids to school?

28 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

I dont have a problem with it.  If the city numbers were lower I might agree with you. Also in the SW we have low hospital bed space per 100000 and an older demographic. Not a good combo with covid. They opened the Exeter Nightingale hospital today which shows our problem here

I strongly disagree.

The city numbers are actually very much average for the county. The worst figures are in Barnstaple. 

The average in Mid Devon is just under 100/100,000. So approximately 1 person in 1050 is getting covid-19 here per week. It would take 20 years for it to work it's way through the population assuming no one was ever reinfected. 

The restrictions bear no relation to the prevalence of the virus or the severity of the infection. The highest prevalence group is now secondary school kids, for whom it represents virtually zero risk. 

If people who are elderly or infirm have concerns, I respect that. I will behave respectfully around them, wear a mask when asked to and do what I can to make them feel safe. Where I draw the line is for my children not to be able to have play dates with their friends (and the associated social contact that my wife and I get seeing the other parents) or for us to be able to see our close family. My brother and sister in law are expecting their first child on the 23rd of December and no restriction will prevent me from meeting my niece.  

I have no intention of heeding any tier 2 restriction and shall carry on as before, which is seeing a very limited number of people occasionally. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Big J said:

The restrictions bear no relation to the prevalence of the virus or the severity of the infection. 

We dont have loads of spare beds and staff. This is and always has been the limiting factor. There will undoubtably be a nasty spike in cases over Christmas so we need the numbers down in advance plus we still have to wait and see if seasonal flu adds to the mix. Bear in mind our hospitals are under staffed on a good day pre C19. Liz worked in Deriford hospital for 2 years and I can count on one hand the mount of times they were fully staffed and able to do their job as they wanted. People break the same as machinery but they are far harder to fix!

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Big J said:

I strongly disagree.

The city numbers are actually very much average for the county. The worst figures are in Barnstaple. 

The average in Mid Devon is just under 100/100,000. So approximately 1 person in 1050 is getting covid-19 here per week. It would take 20 years for it to work it's way through the population assuming no one was ever reinfected. 

The restrictions bear no relation to the prevalence of the virus or the severity of the infection. The highest prevalence group is now secondary school kids, for whom it represents virtually zero risk. 

If people who are elderly or infirm have concerns, I respect that. I will behave respectfully around them, wear a mask when asked to and do what I can to make them feel safe. Where I draw the line is for my children not to be able to have play dates with their friends (and the associated social contact that my wife and I get seeing the other parents) or for us to be able to see our close family. My brother and sister in law are expecting their first child on the 23rd of December and no restriction will prevent me from meeting my niece.  

I have no intention of heeding any tier 2 restriction and shall carry on as before, which is seeing a very limited number of people occasionally. 

Don’t hold back J ?. Can’t say I disagree with a single part of any of that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Been posted before and highlights what a load of shite this whole clusterfook is! Direct from the gov site going back to March. On the news tonight, 120 people went to hospital today across the WHOLE of the southwest. 120, fook me what a crisis!! I wish people would just get on with life and stop focusing on this media driven bollocks!

WWW.GOV.UK

Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, woodwizzard said:

Been posted before and highlights what a load of shite this whole clusterfook is! Direct from the gov site going back to March. On the news tonight, 120 people went to hospital today across the WHOLE of the southwest. 120, fook me what a crisis!! I wish people would just get on with life and stop focusing on this media driven bollocks!

WWW.GOV.UK

Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England.

You mean such as this utter scaremongering 6C7D4C06-FC4F-41D1-9497-FA6121842CE3.thumb.png.d378527995f76420091467aa46e7b623.png

• Like 1