Brexit and the arb industry.

richy_B

Just now, harvey b davison said:

Sorry but I have to disagree.

I honestly think if we all pull together, we can make this country great again and reclaim our identity. From, manufacturing to construction to everything else, instead of people saying no we can't do it, to saying yes we can do it, then sooner the better.

This is the only attitude that will take us forward. Or we can just piss and whinge about the huge mistake we’ve made and get nowhere? 

• Like 7

Sorry but I have to disagree.

I honestly think if we all pull together, we can make this country great again and reclaim our identity. From, manufacturing to construction to everything else, instead of people saying no we can't do it, to saying yes we can do it, then sooner the better.

Do you really believe Britain isn’t as corrupt as the EU?
That kind benevolent business will lift up the working man?
Affordable housing?
Healthcare, education?
Wait til there’s no minimum wage,
Maximum working hours etc.

Have you ever heard of the strategic Russian strike ability?
Europe and America would be destroyed completely.
Russian would suffer 15-25% losses as the country is so vast, and there manufacturing spread out.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

Do you really believe Britain isn’t as corrupt as the EU?
That kind benevolent business will lift up the working man?
Affordable housing?
Healthcare, education?
Wait til there’s no minimum wage,
Maximum working hours etc.

Have you ever heard of the strategic Russian strike ability?
Europe and America would be destroyed completely.
Russian would suffer 15-25% losses as the country is so vast, and there manufacturing spread out.

Utter nonsense.

Do you know the minimum wage rate in many parts of the EU? Plus it was not implemented by the EU. It was brought in by a British government. We opted out of the maximum working hours directive, so what's going to change? 

We are generally way ahead of most of the EU on workers rights, animal welfare, food standards etc, etc....

The idea that the EU has somehow enforced improvements on the UK is just more remoaner propaganda.

You really think Russia wants mutually assured destruction? and if so why now? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

Utter nonsense.

Do you know the minimum wage rate in many parts of the EU? Plus it was not implemented by the EU. It was brought in by a British government. We opted out of the maximum working hours directive, so what's going to change? 

We are generally way ahead of most of the EU on workers rights, animal welfare, food standards etc, etc....

The idea that the EU has somehow enforced improvements on the UK is just more remoaner propaganda.

You really think Russia wants mutually assured destruction? and if so why now? 

Also utter nonsense. 

Functionally, Britain is the poor man of Northern Europe. We work the longest hours, we are the least productive. We live in the poorest (and most expensive) houses, drive on the poorest roads, use the most expensive railway system in the world, have the poorest access to green space, have terrible employment rights (zero hours contracts, for example), have poorer parental leave, poorer tenant rights, some of the worst cancer survival rates in Europe, have a failing and increasingly privatised educational system and increasingly wealth inequality.

Britain would do far better if it dropped the pretense of being 'Great'. It's exasperating listening to Brexiteers drivel on about recapturing the wartime spirit and how wonderful and utopian Britain is. It's almost as if they've not been to other countries.

Just now, Steve Bullman said:

It also sounds like you've not been to other countries!

My girlfriend is from Italy. She would tell you the exact opposite of what you have just said. And thats from someone who has actually lived both countries.

I think J is just cherry picking Scandinavia and Germany. :D 

He is right in that sense though, we are a long way behind Germany and Scandinavia. But being in the EU did not help that one bit did it?  We where still the poor man of Europe. :D Perhaps being out of the EU wont make much of a change in that regard either so its kind of a moot point really. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

It also sounds like you've not been to other countries!

My girlfriend is from Italy. She would tell you the exact opposite of what you have just said. And thats from someone who has actually lived both countries.

My sister in law is Italian. My other sister in law is Thai, though they live in Sweden. My dad lives in France, my mum is German and I've seen a fair bit of Europe and beyond :D