Tell?

Paddy1000111

I used to work somewhere which spent loads on Yell, really wasnt worth it.

Fully agree with what Steve says. Plus do some leaflet drops in some nice areas.

Get a professional to design the leaflets too, that wont cost a fortune but makes you look so much better than something cobbled together in word.

• Like 1

I'll tell Yell to spin on it then. I thought it was a lot of cash for what it was but not having used companies like that I didn't know what to expect. I think I am better working on the google positioning and the google map (reviewed) results. Having asked people about it, none of them have said that they would look at yell. If I google "Tree Surgeon Exeter" then checkatrade is on page 4 so wasn't worth the £99 a month for that. 

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 2

I find flyers best. A bit labour intensive at first but once you get a few jobs from them then word of mouth takes over and you don’t need to drop so many. Been using flyers for years, my top tip is don’t write too much, assume they’re all going in the bin and write them in a way that can get your point across in the time it takes to walk from the doormat to the kitchen bin. Also drop the same areas regularly, then you stick in people’s minds. I see so many flyers that are just impenetrable or meaningless

CS30 CS31... etc means nothing to a customer, Fully insured... they expect that... also don’t list every service, much better to write something like “Professional Tree Surgeon” than

Limb removal, crown reduction, wind blown removal, pollarding, felling, hedge laying, hedge cutting, stump removal blah blah... if you just put “tree surgeon” they’ll assume the rest. And if you don’t do certain things, just say no when they call, you don’t need to list it all.

Also one more, with SEO, don’t try and crowbar “tree surgeon Surrey” or whatever into every sentence, Google has come on a lot and now ranks for regularly updated relevant content, it spots drivel and penalises it. So many sites read like

“Tree Surgeon in Surrey

If you need a Tree Surgeon in Surrey then call Surrey Tree Surgery. We are tree surgeons based in Surrey and our Surrey tree surgeons provide a great Tree Surgery service. In Surrey.”

Who the **************** is gonna call that?!

That’s me done

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kent Arboreal said:

I find flyers best. A bit labour intensive at first but once you get a few jobs from them then word of mouth takes over and you don’t need to drop so many. Been using flyers for years, my top tip is don’t write too much, assume they’re all going in the bin and write them in a way that can get your point across in the time it takes to walk from the doormat to the kitchen bin. Also drop the same areas regularly, then you stick in people’s minds. I see so many flyers that are just impenetrable or meaningless

CS30 CS31... etc means nothing to a customer, Fully insured... they expect that... also don’t list every service, much better to write something like “Professional Tree Surgeon” than

Limb removal, crown reduction, wind blown removal, pollarding, felling, hedge laying, hedge cutting, stump removal blah blah... if you just put “tree surgeon” they’ll assume the rest. And if you don’t do certain things, just say no when they call, you don’t need to list it all.

Also one more, with SEO, don’t try and crowbar “tree surgeon Surrey” or whatever into every sentence, Google has come on a lot and now ranks for regularly updated relevant content, it spots drivel and penalises it. So many sites read like

“Tree Surgeon in Surrey

If you need a Tree Surgeon in Surrey then call Surrey Tree Surgery. We are tree surgeons based in Surrey and our Surrey tree surgeons provide a great Tree Surgery service. In Surrey.”

Who the **************** is gonna call that?!

That’s me done

Totally agree. I've noticed that with sites. I've tried to steer away from that sort of thing. I've been basing my SEO on good content, reviews, and repeat updates. Trying to work on social media side now. Do you post your fliers by hand or do you do the royal mail door drop thing? 

That £90 a month would be better spent on google ads, or SEO

Couldn’t agree more steve. I personally think Yell are very overpriced for what you get, I hear they are hard to get away from once you have entered into contract with.