what spec. for logging truck access over deep peat

difflock

Or could u lay it on top of a brash matt?

Heard of even tarmac roads being laid over birch brash matts

Will u ever need the track again in the future?

If u could re use it u mibbee could lay a timber road below it, not be worth it if only for 1 time use esp if not a big quantity of timber.

Could u secondary extract the timber to somewhere else with easier hgv access?

Tractor and votes or even forwarder with out band tracks and drive it down the road?

Either way will no doubt mean double handling which is never ideal

We have put in quite a few loading bays, without over engineering it I would go for a light scrape off and lay out a small section of membrane. See the first  truck of hardcore back in and level that out, watch what the ground is doing as the next truck backs over the hardcore and adjust to suit. Drainage is key and the hard standing will need a ditch all the way around, too easy to overthink these things and go overboard, it may well be ok with a foot of hardcore . Also important to top off with clean  stone , crushed  concrete is full of glass,nails and other crap.

Bob

• Like 3

On 17/11/2020 at 09:44, doobin said:

Might be cheaper to bung the other landowners a drink?

His neighbours probably hate him.

19 hours ago, difflock said:

No point, one neighbour is "a twisted gate/git", tother is trying to sell his place this 2 years past.

See.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, AHPP said:

His neighbours probably hate him.

See.

Hard to explain, but as much physically constrained by topography and boundaries and lack of "waste" ground, suitable for such temporary use, such as to make it pointless to ask.

I would also anticipate some antagonism at the removal of "mature woodland"  despite it being purely planted commercial conifer, nevermind my 25 year of nuturing of the volunteer hardwoods.

And we wont mention the "free" money aspect of forestry sales!

I have spoken to a respected local diggerman and arranged a site visit to discuss my options.

Perhaps I should  consider selling a couple of sites sprung off the newly paved access, to really give the neighbours cause to hate me, in particular the twisted gate, since the proposed sites would lie-in  bounding his idillic rural garden  .  .  .

Edited by difflock