Booze

lux

10 hours ago, Xiucutil said:

Nice little gathering there, you should try that Macallan though it might change your opinion of whisky!

The only whisky I can manage is Laphroigh,  only because it doesn't taste of normal whisky! If you look, there's an 18 year old Laphroigh that my wife bought me for my sixtieth birthday, still not opened! It's not in production now. I'm more of a Cognac drinker, we're only 45 minutes away from Cognac. When I was hunting here with a pack of harriers, one of the French lads used to sell me Martell Cognac for €7 per litre. It was "liberated" from the distillery via the back door. I usually bought 20 litres at a time. They arrived in 2 litre plastic water bottles!

Edited by David Cropper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

Aye it’s a nice beer for sure! 

Got 48 cans delivered for £51, so not too bad. Shame they are only 330ml cans, they fly down with ease ?

Gone right off IPA's. When the fad for more and more and more Hops took off and we started seeing IPA's APA's NEPA's ImpPA's I started to lose interest. The last beer festival I went to, last summer, it was nothing but IPA's and Sours. :/ 

I do like a dry hopped Larger now and again though. :D I brewed a Chocolate Maple Porter a few months ago, its really nice. 

41 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Gone right off IPA's. When the fad for more and more and more Hops took off and we started seeing IPA's APA's NEPA's ImpPA's I started to lose interest. The last beer festival I went to, last summer, it was nothing but IPA's and Sours. :/ 

I do like a dry hopped Larger now and again though. :D I brewed a Chocolate Maple Porter a few months ago, its really nice. 

I started to think that some of the brewers had given up on the hops, an simply started adding cresote instead, for more "bite",

best expressed, as me ould Uncle Tony used to say of certain food or drink, by

"that ud turn the eye in yer heid".

So yes the fad for more and more hops was just that, a "fad",

BUT Brewdog got their balance of alcohol and hops  "just right", for an IPA.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, difflock said:

I started to think that some of the brewers had given up on the hops, an simply started adding cresote instead, for more "bite",

best expressed, as me ould Uncle Tony used to say of certain food or drink, by

"that ud turn the eye in yer heid".

So yes the fad for more and more hops was just that, a "fad",

BUT Brewdog got their balance of alcohol and hops  "just right", for an IPA.

Its an OK IPA I guess. :D just IPA'd out. 

Went to the Brew Dog Bar in Tokyo, the Manager was a Bar Tender in my local town about 14 years ago. :D 

On 14/05/2020 at 10:13, IronMike said:

I took delivery of another 48 cans of Punk IPA from Brewdog last week. Not opened it yet mind, saving it for the bank holiday weekend!

good drop brewdog. Elvis Juice not too shabby.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Im the same. Used to love an IPA but they're gone too juicy for me. 

Wouldn't buy from them c#nts at brewdog.

Some great lagers about these days.