Saw upgrade

Oakbeam

33 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Got asked about these the other day ?? Never seen or come across them, Anyone used ?? Big saw for the price

Farmertec G660 92cc Chainsaw, Compatible With S

They also appear to have a big range of saws in all sizes. The top handle one looks very interesting, and let's say " awfully familiar".

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Here we have the surgery saw in the range, the G111 saw head, which is based on the iconic stihl ms200t saw. The drive...

The big question ( which I've asked him, waiting for a reply) is that they recommend 25:1 mix, but my Stihls are on Stihl oil at 50:1. Anyone have thoughts on that please? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

They also appear to have a big range of saws in all sizes. The top handle one looks very interesting, and let's say " awfully familiar".

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Here we have the surgery saw in the range, the G111 saw head, which is based on the iconic stihl ms200t saw. The drive...

The big question ( which I've asked him, waiting for a reply) is that they recommend 25:1 mix, but my Stihls are on Stihl oil at 50:1. Anyone have thoughts on that please? 

Feedback is 100% so a good sign 

Well, prompt reply, from the man. Very interesting, and his reply makes absolute sense.  Copied and pasted ( hopefully).

Hi Peter,

You have just hit the most debated subject amongst Farmertec users.
The figures I quote are this recommended by Farmertec. We have to quote those.
Now here’s the thing. I run all my saws, regardless of make, on 45:1 ( I like a little extra oil) and have done. For a very long time. With no issues, as long as you run the green fully synthetic oils. I recently stripped a 660 kit saw that has been in use for two years and run 50:1 and piston rings etc were perfect. Continued 
So if you bought from me, and run fully synthtic at 45:1 or 50:1 I would homer the warranty. Hoe that helps

Ian

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Got asked about these the other day ?? Never seen or come across them, Anyone used ?? Big saw for the price

Farmertec G660 92cc Chainsaw, Compatible With S

Chinese cloned 660 ! I would not touch one but some people would, and how they get on with them is very debatable, another site i am on there is some lads who have them and with what comments i have seen about them, some say they are Ok others say there fantastic, but that man who said that his last saw was a 35cc Ryobi, reading the add, item location Chelmsford uk but the item is still in China takes 2 month to get here, personally i would stick with what brands i know and what brands i could get parts for with out waiting weeks,

3 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

Well, prompt reply, from the man. Very interesting, and his reply makes absolute sense.  Copied and pasted ( hopefully).

Hi Peter,

You have just hit the most debated subject amongst Farmertec users.
The figures I quote are this recommended by Farmertec. We have to quote those.
Now here’s the thing. I run all my saws, regardless of make, on 45:1 ( I like a little extra oil) and have done. For a very long time. With no issues, as long as you run the green fully synthetic oils. I recently stripped a 660 kit saw that has been in use for two years and run 50:1 and piston rings etc were perfect. Continued 
So if you bought from me, and run fully synthtic at 45:1 or 50:1 I would homer the warranty. Hoe that helps

Ian

I am going to order one for the odd chainsaw milling i do, My milling bars will fit on them which swings it for me

2 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

365xp can be fettled in to a 372 I believe.

It can . remove transfer covers , grind off restricting fin in each cover , replace . = 372 for 365 money .