Big Thank You To Boys At Greenmech & Global

5 shires

Re: Rail bending tool.

I emailed on the 6th of May but the man who can was furloughed.

Anyway, in the opinion of my local machine shop...

If the roller rails can be bent through use.

Then bent back manually.

What is stopping the same thing happening again?

Those rollers and blades are sharp, I assure you.

Branches, particularly smaller ones needing encouragement to go through.

The right fixed roller occasionally stops feeding, never the left.

Lumps of wood getting through and jamming inside the flywheel.

These can cause quite a dramatic vibration to set in popping rivets and cracking off a poorly welded nut.

Sometimes these lumps leave the flywheel before I am aware and block the chute causing a general blockage, jamming the flywheel with the result I've had to change the belts a couple of times.

I've videos of far larger lumps but I am unable to upload them due to the file size.

Machine is on 255 hours and under 2 years old.

?

The upper rails are slightly inclined and there is a subtle bowing in the bodywork.

Is this REALLY the cause of the rollers not feeding?

20200524_142939.thumb.jpg.87d96abdfb51f8c256ac87969e4b74f3.jpg

20200524_142835.thumb.jpg.63a1c8d409b5f2d9a1650a878920ad4e.jpg

20200524_130102.jpg

• Sad 1

No, you need to turn the branch over before re-feeding it and it didn't do it from new either. It started after a few months use, I have many videos of branches needing encouragement

Neither my old Quadchip or GM200 suffered this, nor the GM13-23, TW125 , GM130,  Bandit XP65 or Forst ST6 that I have used.

Stuart

25 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

No, you need to turn the branch over before re-feeding it and it didn't do it from new either. It started after a few months use, I have many videos of branches needing encouragement

Neither my old Quadchip or GM200 suffered this, nor the GM13-23, TW125 , GM130,  Bandit XP65 or Forst ST6 that I have used.

Stuart

Have you got the vid where you can pull the rollers apart, with the spring on, by hand. That one shocked me! Need a tool to open mine for extra leverage even with the springs taken off. 

I honestly think that chipper isn't fit for purpose and should be taken back with a refund given with a deduction for use obviously. 

It doesn't chip, it doesn't feed, or reverse with the bent metal so thin it catches on the hopper, and then it's so thin on the roller mechanism it's out of shape and needs to be bent back regularly with a tool designed for the job! If it were a dog I'd take out out back and shoot it

I had the 1928

23 minutes ago, Ian C said:

What’s people’s views on the1928, what the in feed like on them compared to the Arb range?

I had one a while back, 55hp Isuzu engine, loved it, wish I’d replaced it with a newer one rather than getting a Forst.

I liked the idle function and the engine drop to engage the flywheel.

EF5FBBBF-15DC-4FF6-86E1-72DB8FF59BE0.jpeg

• Like 2