Covid-19

Ratman

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I know 2 people who caught after having the first Pfizer vaccine .  It was said that their symptoms would have been a lot more severe  had they not had the first part of the vaccine .

Yeah, just saying vaccines won't stop the spread, just your own reaction to it.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That was sarcasm. ;)

Well I think you failed, as it most certainly can be. You have not offered a single explanation to why the UK could not emulate Norways localised response. You've just stated that Oslo is under tighter restrictions, as as they have vastly greater infection and death rates thats justifiable and again, something that we could emulate here in the UK. I could still travel to Oslo tomorrow if I liked and vice versa. 

People from Oslo can also travel directly off-shore with no checks on Equinors installations. Either hop on a flight or drive over to the  west coast and not wear a mask. 

The Chopper I got home yesterday had 19 of us packed in like sardines and guess what? Yip, no masks.

If we where to listen to the advisors in the UK Norway should be chest deep in the dead. 

Thats a matter of opinion. Again, Stavanger, Tromsø and Bergen etc are not sparsely populated wastelands. They are cities and behave the same as any city in the UK. If your point of population density was taken into account then in Scotland and Wales we should see a significantly different response to Covid than we see in England. 

Yet again, there has not been a single valid response as to why the Virus that is present here in Norway does not spread in the Western Cities when Mask Wearing is optional and more often than not not worn, Restaurants remain again with no requirement for masks and  open ski centers remain open and people are generally being allowed to get on with their lives albeit with some restrictions. 

Andy, I don’t live in Uk and haven’t been back their for over a year and a half.

I believe the measures the UK have in place are pretty harsh, but you keep painting the picture that Norway ‘does this’ and ‘does that’ etc.

I am just trying to give a balance to the argument.

I have been snowboarding quite a bit recently and not just Oslo.  I will be in Hemsedal and Geilo for the week, next week.  They are operating on reduced numbers.  You have to wear a mask when in indoor areas.  Just to take a pee you need one.  Restaurants, granted you don’t wear a mask but if you get up and leave the table you need to wear one.  Public transport, shopping centres etc, masks are required if you can’t keep a distance.

The three cities you mentioned are considered major in Norway.  They are not far off, in terms of population than small town I grew up in.  All three added together are only 60 odd thousand more than Croydon.

I don’t believe the Norway model is applicable to the UK for the main reason and that is the people.  If the measures were relaxed too many people would take the piss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I believe the measures the UK have in place are pretty harsh, but you keep painting the picture that Norway ‘does this’ and ‘does that’ etc.

I do, because I feel its revelvent. Im still waiting on a response as to why packed supermarkets with no one wearing a mask in Norway does not see a sharp increase in cases. No one, including yourself can answer that. 

I am just trying to give a balance to the argument.

And I welcome that. But you've not even attempted to answer any of my questions. 

Restaurants, granted you don’t wear a mask

Somewhat different to what you said a few days ago. 

Public transport, shopping centres etc, masks are required if you can’t keep a distance.

Where? Oslo? Because its just public transport on the West Coast. 

The three cities you mentioned are considered major in Norway.  They are not far off, in terms of population than small town I grew up in.

So better reflect Scotland then? But I dont see the relevance here. My Brother just moved out of London, he rarely left North London, My Sisters in Edinburgh, she rarely leaves her part of the City. The point remains that if Stavanger with a population of 130,000 and Sandness with its 70,000, effectively 200,000 people as they towns have virtually merged are not wearing masks and have the freedom to go out and eat in the restaurants without a maks and go shopping without a mask why are the rates not going through the roof like we're told in an part of the UK of we where to implement the same levels of restrictions? The 'cities' near me Dundee and Perth have populations of 150,000 and Aberdeen 200,000. So the population densities are very comparable as are the demographics. But we're fed doom and gloom and horrific deaths should the levels of restrictions be lifted. But gathering first hand experiences right accross the pond with the same population densities and demographics shows it snot the case. 

Yet people are falling over themselves to support a blind and blanket level of restrictions and dont even begin to question that a different level of approach could also work.

Edited by trigger_andy

12 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Im still waiting on a response as to why packed supermarkets with no one wearing a mask in Norway does not see a sharp increase in cases.

Maybe the answer to this Andy is because Norwegians are probably a better quality of people compared to the absolute f#@kers who occupy these shores. 

Edited by BlackFox
  • Like 3

@trigger_andy

I am sure you just like to be argumentative for the sake of it.  I have briefly reread through your posts.  The only ? I see is the question about Rogaland.  No idea.  Never been there or heard of it.

The second question mark is you talking about 19 guys on a chopper and guess what?  

It isn’t my place to suggest measures for the UK.  

If you only quote part of something I type, that is your choice.

Regarding masks in restaurants - You don't have to wear them at your tables but in the public areas, you have to.  But you could only quote half of what I actually wrote if it makes you feel better.

As for the last bit you wrote.  I have a had a hard day and your words are like a record spinning around.   It doesn’t matter what I respond with as you will pull them apart and try and twist things. 

Unless of course I agree with you.  

• Like 1

Just now, BlackFox said:

Maybe the answer to this Andy is because Norwegians are probably a better quality of people compared to the absolute ****************ers who occupy these shores. 

Your post is somewhat ambiguous. But I'll assume you mean that in the Stores in Norway they people are respecting distances etc, using hand sanitisers and all that BS? 

Because if that's what you're referring to I can give you first hand empirical evidence that that is simply not true. No one seems to cares about personal space, people are shopping as close together and leaning over each other just as you'd expect in the UK, they're picking up and smelling fruit and putting it back if its not to their fancy, standingshatting maskless with friends and its great. :) 

I think you do the people of the UK a disservice. Maybe you live in a right sh*thole but there is plently of places in the UK that are not even remotely like the picture you seem keep on promoting. Perhaps the sh*thole you live in does need an Oslo style lock-down. But where I live it could easily get away with less restrictions and as almost every SAGE prediction has been wildly inaccurate I'd say they'd be wrong here yet again, based on first hand real life and not their computer generated models with extremely sketchy success rates.