Covid-19

Ratman

14 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

And in contrast for the last however many months you've gone on and on about how you hate lockdown, masks etc etc and attacked anyone who can be bothered to disagree with your point of view despite the likelihood of receiving a barrage of derogatory comments in response. 

I am very willing to criticise the government and their policies when I disagree with them or think they've made difficult decisions at the wrong time. I'm happy to say if I think they've done the right thing (like managing to get their hands on sufficient vaccine stocks for our population, although I don't think this makes up for the cockups in any way). 

When we're in the midst of a third lockdown, arguably each one instigated weeks later than they should have been (according to many scientists) it is surely understandable that criticisms are made. I agree that there are many other factors affecting the death rates, but if Boris & co had made those difficult decisions earlier each time maybe they wouldn't have had to last as long or  resulted in so many hospitalisations or deaths. Maybe if they'd prioritised track and trace, closed borders in Feb/March last year or this year the waves may have been smaller.  They didn't do those things, we can't turn back the clock but a lot of people have died and lost loved ones unnecessarily early as a result of these delayed decisions.

What would you have done to try and reduce the impact of the pandemic on the population of the UK? 

You seem to have all answers admittedly with the benefit of hindsight. You whine on incessantly I’m afraid about decisions being made by everyone etc etc. Yes I hate lockdown it has destroyed mine and many self employed people’s livelihoods. As for what would I have done excuse me if I skip that clumsy bit of  bait. Although many have suggested alternatives myself included even as recently as today I get the feeling it would be a pointless, excruciating endeavour. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You whine on incessantly I’m afraid about decisions being made by everyone etc etc.

Considering your post count on this and similar threads, complaining and arguing relentlessly  about the same things over and over, I can only assume that you are making this statement with your tongue firmly lodged in your cheek. 

Just for clarity,  having had to shut down my own business for 6 months last year, I have absolute sympathy for you and others whose livelihoods have been destroyed as a result of what has happened over the last year, but I do still think that appropriately timed lockdowns were and are a necessary measure in reducing the spread of this and potentially other pandemics. 

No, Im with you on that. I really do not wish to take a rushed through vaccine for something that for the 99.99% of the time will have no affect on me. My Father-in-law has just taken it, his opinion is he'll be dead before any ill effects come to light anyway. I can see that reasoning. When you have to sign a waiver to take it its quite worrying but in my main job I'll have little choice. I'm spending way to much time in quarantine as it is and now the bloody SNP in their bid to out-do Boris has insisted that travelers from every country has to do a 10 day mandatory quarantine in a hotel at a cost of £1750.

Id be far happier taking the the traditional Oxford type vaccine as its a tried and tested method, but admittedly with unknown long term side efects. The Pfizer one is a huge unknown and I really hope its not the once forced on me. 

Very glad to have received my second Pfizer vaccine. Didn’t sign anything now or first time. Asked if I was presently unwell etc.
The nurse then surprisingly asked what I did for a living. I said I was Professor of statistical virology with an interest in immunology. She said I should be on Arbtalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 14

7 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Considering your post count on this and similar threads, complaining and arguing relentlessly  about the same things over and over, I can only assume that you are making this statement with your tongue firmly lodged in your cheek. 

Just for clarity,  having had to shut down my own business for 6 months last year, I have absolute sympathy for you and others whose livelihoods have been destroyed as a result of what has happened over the last year, but I do still think that appropriately timed lockdowns were and are a necessary measure in reducing the spread of this and potentially other pandemics. 

I wholeheartedly disagree. You have asked that question ie  tell me what you would have done dozens of times and have received detailed and generalised answers several times. 
Sympathy does not pay the bills. I’m not sure if you received any financial assistance from the various schemes but I can assure you I’ve had zero. Post counts 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️you don’t do too bad yourself. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Very glad to have received my second Pfizer vaccine. Didn’t sign anything now or first time. Asked if I was presently unwell etc.
The nurse then surprisingly asked what I did for a living. I said I was Professor of statistical virology with an interest in immunology. She said I should be on Arbtalk

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Pfizer’s UK boss refuses to explain why the business needs protection from legal action

But you still cant sue if anything happens to you further down the road. 

The government has basically signed the waiver on your behalf. 

WWW.CNBC.COM

Companies like Pfizer and Moderna have total immunity from legal liability under the PREP Act if something unintentionally...

I guess its a gamble I'll just have to live with. But hopefully I get the opportunity to take the Oxford vaccine. Scoff all you like but Id rather limit my exposure to new tech vaccines and go with the tried and tested old school variety. 

Edited by trigger_andy
Wrong link posted
  • Like 3

Just now, Tippin Alaybye said:

a strong young buck like yourself Trigger will have no need of the vaccine in all seriousness. i'm a fat old ****************

I know I dont need it. And Ive already had Covid. No sigh of anti-bodies though, Not that it matters anyway. 

But I will need it if I wish to keep my job. I see sage are pushing for continual mask wearing in public, in perpetuity and also seasonal lock-downs. 

And this is a supposedly measured response to a virus that kills people older than the average age of death here in the UK. I really do wonder what it would take for people to put their hands up are admit that the draconian measures far outweigh the severity of the Virus and who it genuinely affects. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I know I dont need it. And Ive already had Covid. No sigh of anti-bodies though, Not that it matters anyway. 

But I will need it if I wish to keep my job. I see sage are pushing for continual mask wearing in public, in perpetuity and also seasonal lock-downs. 

And this is a supposedly measured response to a virus that kills people older than the average age of death here in the UK. I really do wonder what it would take for people to put their hands up are admit that the draconian measures far outweigh the severity of the Virus and who it genuinely affects. 

Existing not living 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

You're free to interpret my comments anyway you see fit. Ive given you my reply and if you still wish you put your own bias on it then feel free. :) 

If you don't like the way people interpret your comments then don't be cryptic about it and say what you mean.

So go on then, what do you exactly mean by saying  this

How dare you question Sage and their vested interests with their shares in companies that are making billions off of this pandemic

1 hour ago, Youngstu said:

And in contrast for the last however many months you've gone on and on about how you hate lockdown, masks etc etc and attacked anyone who can be bothered to disagree with your point of view despite the likelihood of receiving a barrage of derogatory comments in response. 

I am very willing to criticise the government and their policies when I disagree with them or think they've made difficult decisions at the wrong time. I'm happy to say if I think they've done the right thing (like managing to get their hands on sufficient vaccine stocks for our population, although I don't think this makes up for the cockups in any way). 

When we're in the midst of a third lockdown, arguably each one instigated weeks later than they should have been (according to many scientists) it is surely understandable that criticisms are made. I agree that there are many other factors affecting the death rates, but if Boris & co had made those difficult decisions earlier each time maybe they wouldn't have had to last as long or  resulted in so many hospitalisations or deaths. Maybe if they'd prioritised track and trace, closed borders in Feb/March last year or this year the waves may have been smaller.  They didn't do those things, we can't turn back the clock but a lot of people have died and lost loved ones unnecessarily early as a result of these delayed decisions.

What would you have done to try and reduce the impact of the pandemic on the population of the UK? 

Let me flip it around to yourself and ask when is enough enough for you in regards the restrictions we  are living with and under. Bearing in mind the effect on children’s education and  mental health, the long term consequences for hundreds of thousands suffering from other illnesses never mind the damage to the economy. 
My mother whom is in her 70s with dementia albeit early stages hit the nail on the head after nearly a year of shielding and not seeing hardly anyone including her grandchildren when she stated that this is certainly not how she wants to live the remainder of her life. Basically an existence consisting of confinement and loneliness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1