Covid-19

Ratman

I’m none of the above and I’m still not sure on the vaccine. Not anti vaccine at all. It’s just been rushed through for fairly obvious reasons. So they is no clue on any longer term side effects.
All true. I too am uncomfortable with the speed with which they've all been developed. There's a lot of info available out there explaining how they are safe though. I've not studied any of it in depth but the gist of it is that development/testing/approval processes have all been done in parallel due to the urgency and thus extra funding available. Normally all those processes would be done in series. I'm sure some will ask for further proof but that's enough for me to decide that on balance it's better for me to take a small risk with the vaccine rather than a bigger risk from the virus.

This is the thing. And it makes far more sense that a sizable portion in the medical feel the same way other than labeling them all religious nuts and young people under 30 who are manipulated by social media. We're talking fairly if not highly intelligent individuals who it could be argued are happy to let others be the guinea pigs. Considering these people are at the front line of Covid and see day to day the actual effects it has on people, not the media driven hysteria and still would rather wait and see, or have taken stock of the actual victims does make you pause and think.   

To blame religion is simplistic and lazy. And for what possible reason would being religious stop you taking this vaccine? Is the implication that these same people do not have all the other vaccines that are normal to take in the UK? Would they be allowed to work in hospitals without them? Its simply lazy ignorance and a smattering of racism if im honest to label everyone other than whites as religious. 

religion-intelligence-research.jpg?width=1200&auto=webp&quality=75 WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK
Religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists, researchers claim.  
Here we go, back on the personal attack. (In lieu of a robust response to the Norway Vs UK debate maybe). My turn now is it?
You're skating on very thin ice by talking about racism. The tone and content of some of your many posts hint at something sinister lurking just beneath.
You'll have to take my word for it but I'm one of the least racially prejudiced people that you're likely to meet. I have nothing against immigrants, of any race, colour or creed. I didn't vote for Brexit.
You've also twisted my words as you are so fond of doing. Go back and have another read. I said something like religious beliefs are most common in ethnic groups. I don't believe there's any implied criticism or indeed negative connotation in that.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:
1 hour ago, Richard 1234 said:
I’m none of the above and I’m still not sure on the vaccine. Not anti vaccine at all. It’s just been rushed through for fairly obvious reasons. So they is no clue on any longer term side effects.

All true. I too am uncomfortable with the speed with which they've all been developed. There's a lot of info available out there explaining how they are safe though. I've not studied any of it in depth but the gist of it is that development/testing/approval processes have all been done in parallel due to the urgency and thus extra funding available. Normally all those processes would be done in series. I'm sure some will ask for further proof but that's enough for me to decide that on balance it's better for me to take a small risk with the vaccine rather than a bigger risk from the virus.

I can understand scepticism due to the speed these vaccines have been developed. You have to remember though, that it's 2021 and science and computing power is way ahead of where it used to be.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

I can understand scepticism due to the speed these vaccines have been developed. You have to remember though, that it's 2021 and science and computing power is way ahead of where it used to be.

Exactly. We can now even map the complete human genome.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Also vast ammounts of money have been thrown at the vaccine that normally would not have .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Not much coverage on the TV but at least somewhere someone has taken a bunch of power hungry arrogant bloody politicians to task for the disproportionate actions that they deemed to be in the best interests of the population.

5FB10E90-56C1-40B9-AB2E-0DAD301A846F.png

I saw that. No doubt it will be back on soon. They just did it wrong so they will create a new law and that will be that. Or that’s what I came away from reading that story anyway

1 minute ago, Richard 1234 said:

I saw that. No doubt it will be back on soon. They just did it wrong so they will create a new law and that will be that. Or that’s what I came away from reading that story anyway

Yep new law created in days 🤷‍♂️